• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

This reminds me of 18 years ago.  In mid-February 2006 a fellow from Corpus Christi called the manager of Aroostook State Park, a few miles west from PQI, asking about snowmobiling.  The manager said it was awful in his area but was decent up in the St. John Valley.  (Seven weeks earlier PQI had a 25" dump, with 33" at CAR, their greatest on record.)  Imagine what the guy from south TX thought when told that northern Maine had crummy snow conditions in Feb.

Conditions here in the Maine foothills are fair to poor - snow is there but all the Dec/Jan rain still makes issues at unbridged crossings.  Better in the mountains.

I guess this season is a reminder that, even in the relatively more wintry areas within the lower 48, nothing is ever guaranteed. Would be nice to be able to wake up in winter and know that it will be a wintry day (snow cover and high temps < 32F) simply because the calendar says it’s winter.

Just want seasons to be seasons - nothing crazy. We can count on 3 months of summer, but not winter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beavis1729 said:

Yeah...and this has sort of gone unnoticed.  I had two snowmobiling trips planned in northern WI this season, and both were cancelled since they haven't been able to open the trails.  The most shocking stat of all is that essentially the entire state of WI has bare ground...on February 6th!  There are no words to describe how ridiculous this is. North of 45N, they typically have 10-25+" on the ground now.  The entire Midwest had a 7-day period of winter this season - that's it.

I’ve been reading the snowmobile forums. The upper Midwest is bleak. Not even much riding on the UP. It hasn’t been great here but at least we’ve had a little. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They flap and droop around like saggers. D batteries in front shirt pockets kind of thing.

the worst boob storm I remember was either last year or the year before. The one where the saggy left appendage rode straight into CT and killed everyone's BL. would've been a big storm iirc

• Haha 4

I'm late on looking at stuff by Jebus what an improvement on the 12z EPS mean. 

There's got to be some violent bombs in there - I mean whats with the sub-960 cluster between Boston Light and PSM?   What it is is that the N/stream got to be phasing on some of those runs.   

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

the worst boob storm I remember was either last year or the year before. The one where the saggy left appendage rode straight into CT and killed everyone's BL. would've been a big storm iirc

Yup..last March…if jt weren’t for that, would have cranked here.  4 Seasons shows the radar. Unreal. 

41 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’ve been reading the snowmobile forums. The upper Midwest is bleak. Not even much riding on the UP. It hasn’t been great here but at least we’ve had a little. 

I wasn't so sure of my New Hampshire trip last weekend but there was enough, not a lot but enough with a nice little squall that dropped an inch while we were riding.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

While we track the saggy boobs bouncing and flailing around the next 3-5 days.. I stumbled across this that I had forgotten about. This is a top 5 epic musical performance. The last 3-4 minutes are just an unreal musical spectacle 

decent

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

That was a side boob low. 

• Haha 1