• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

These types of events used to be a staple here. 70s-80s had plenty. Looking forward to it. Felt pretty good last week about a couple cold inches. Seems like a lock at this point. 

Bob I’d say the 60’s also , Arctic front blows through like todays and kicked off a week or longer of cold and snow. Very few winters it didn’t happen, I think just two in the 60’s 

Just now, osfan24 said:

Euro is one stingy mofo

Judging from that loop a few posts above, the euro is the furthest south of any model with that frozen precip field. The gfs does amp up amounts everywhere including down south, though 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Judging from that loop a few posts above, the euro is the furthest south of any model with that frozen precip field. The gfs does amp up amounts everywhere including down south, though 

Now the next think to wonder about which model does the best with overrunning precipitation and how much of a jet overhead can we get to force the moisture up and over the top most efficiently. 

25 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Euro giving the southern crew some love

I never care if y’all NW win every storm. You are supposed to. But just getting in on the action to put something on the board is all I am asking for

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

I never care if y’all NW win every storm. You are supposed to. But just getting in on the action to put something on the board is all I am asking for

This one feels like it should do that for you...no skunks in there like the ozone hole over Loudoun

Having the precip and snow map max to the south of the NW crew should never worry y’all. 

In any given snow storm you all can easily get 4” from the maps showing 0.10” precip and 5 min of flurries. 

Us lowlanders need: the most precip possible, all cold column, temps under 32, no sun angle, less cars on road, thickest clouds, hours of precip falling, no tucking, perfect track, no burnt popcorn and unicorns farting rainbows and shamrocks JUST TO GET AN INCH,!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

Having the precip and snow map max to the south of the NW crew should never worry y’all. 

In any given snow storm you all can easily get 4” from the maps showing 0.10” precip and 5 min of flurries. 

Us lowlanders need: the most precip possible, all cold column, temps under 32, no sun angle, less cars on road, thickest clouds, hours of precip falling, no tucking, perfect track, no burnt popcorn and unicorns farting rainbows and shamrocks JUST TO GET AN INCH,!!

Dude, atmospheric memory, us southerners had the last WSW…we got 10”  we got this!

• Like 4