Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

54 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

What a rollercoaster it has been.  I've had rain, rain mixed with skeet, rain mixed with snow, and in all different percentages. It's a visual feast, a folk art poem to New England winter. 

So a solid 6 incher, is what you're saying?

The transformation from this early a.m. to the mid day has been a joy to observe. 

When I awoke around dawn, there was a subtle but still coherent impression of blue through the veil of flurries and misty sky.  But now it's thick. Dimmed daylight and gelid out there.   Reminds me of some of those scenes in "The Shining" 

Passing 9" total - at the rate its coming down now and judging by rad extrapolation etc... probably we're adding inches to this affair.

I decided to wait on shoveling out the berm at the base of the driveway.  Apparently, our town hired another moron, because this idiot's gone and plowed from the non-residential side, toward the driveways.  I mean ... really?   Can't that just be sort of automatically noticeable?  Now we all have 3 ft road urine snow solidifying into a wall that separates our cars from the road.  And undoubtedly... they'll soon re enforce their stupidity with another pass.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Definitely a screw job south of here with CON and my parents in Hooksett only around 3” at 7am. 

Yup. MHT has a few more than CON. went up to CON this morning when it was barely snowing. roads were perfectly clear.

46 minutes ago, dendrite said:

9” at 11am. Should be pushing double digits by 1p. 

lucky you!

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are all absolutely shocked!

I mean I figured it would be better a little north and east of me.   

This stuff is pretty good

Hey. I have a beer question for you.  Any idea how much caffeine is in something like the Berkshire Brewing coffee porter (Dean’s Beans). I had a couple last night and couldn’t sleep. 

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hey. I have a beer question for you.  Any idea how much caffeine is in something like the Berkshire Brewing coffee porter (Dean’s Beans). I had a couple last night and couldn’t sleep. 

It wasn’t the caffeine. It was your weenie brain thinking about snow. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

100%. DDH does get a decent amount of nickel and dime upslope/streamers to get to their average, but it's events like this that are killer. 

It looks like Bennington and Brattleboro average the same amount but take different routes to get there. 

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah, I have to stay away from those late in the day.  Different coffee beers vary of course but I believe a pint of Berkshire coffee porter is equivalent to about 40mg caffeine. So a little less than half of the average cup of coffee, which is a lot at night for me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

Snow still fighting the rain here. You can tell it’s trying to switch over but man this LLW is resistant here… 34…

All snow here in Cranston. Had a little taint when precipitation let up but mostly been all snow. Only about 3" and that was from the burst last night. Keep getting moderate bursts but no additional accumulation!