• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9-1/10 Now Morphing to Less-Than-Exciting Power Cutter

Torch Tiger

Radar says we've been in rain for a bit, was snowing up til about 2 mins ago as it had flipped back the past half hour, nice Wintery morning out there, two towns up the old man said they had about 9 inches when he left at 5am so guess closer to 10 by the time it's all said and done. Good starter storm for sure.

Screenshot_20240110-075726.png

• Like 4

About 5" last night and .81" of rain but some of that is probably the snow that was on top of the weather station rain gauge.  Temp down to 36° after a high of 40°.  I cleared my driveway with the snow scoop. Hopefully we get some drying before it freezes.

Big fail on the wind on my part. Always like to play conservative but did not do that this time. I felt pretty good we would

1) See a forced line of convection 

2) That would be sufficient to mix winds down 

Anyways, snow pack here wiped down but still looks like 3'' maybe 4'' left. And now there is fog developing 

24 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

Radar says we've been in rain for a bit, was snowing up til about 2 mins ago as it had flipped back the past half hour, nice Wintery morning out there, two towns up the old man said they had about 9 inches when he left at 5am so guess closer to 10 by the time it's all said and done. Good starter storm for sure.

Screenshot_20240110-075726.png

The River 14"

20240110_081627.jpg

• Like 4

Big fail on the wind on my part. Always like to play conservative but did not do that this time. I felt pretty good we would
1) See a forced line of convection 
2) That would be sufficient to mix winds down 
Anyways, snow pack here wiped down but still looks like 3'' maybe 4'' left. And now there is fog developing 

It got pretty windy early we gusted to 41 down here on and off in high 30s for wind until like 11. When the biggest line came through it wasn’t much maybe a few small gusts. It was louder here than Ind December before 11. Kinda glad we woke up with no power failures :)

• Like 2

Screenshot_20240110-075726.thumb.png.b62b5586423c6da75d205239a5f51eee.png

Sunday river at the base reported a foot or more before the switch around 7am. Bethel was all rain at that point, but top was still snowing. Thank god they don’t need another rain disaster after December!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The initial snow thump plus never warming above 38F in the upper valley kept the pack mostly intact. Plus we only got about 1.5” rain. 

We still have pack but we’re currently around 50F so we’re going to lose more during the day today. 
IMG_0063.jpeg.2be9fb19c716cf50d214fc765204a64f.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hi Lars how much did you get last snowfall. 

Visiting my mother, who moved to Kennebunk last year. We got about 8” (3.5 + 4.5) with a long lull in the middle. Just Swiss cheese and piles left now. Might hit up SR after MLK day.

• Like 2

...Not terribly windy last night, but Eversource was prepared by setting up the portable generator that would be used to get our neighborhood running if the power went out. 

My main route to work was closed due to a particular spot along the Mashamoquet Brook in Pomfret that frequently washes over route 101.  If the road does not close, the area sometimes becomes a spot for people to stop and take photos of the house that becomes surrounded by water.  During very heavy events the dude sand bags himself in. (see photo below)

Driving to work there were multiple spots along route 6 where it was apparent that water washed over the road over night. 

brook.jpg

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

20240110_075149.jpg

Never doubted the waters would rip. That 75 mph is a good gust for Conimicut. Must’ve funneled right up the bay.

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BTV gusted 69mph.

Thats solid.

It’s been flashing red light downslope signal for nearly a week. Where’s my DraftKings bet on BTV wind gust > PWM?

• Like 1