Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2024

George BM

55 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

The one-day torch is over. Good thing it wasn’t for weeks upon weeks. 

Back to vanilla AN airmass in the 40s, and back to near normal by tomorrow

I guess it wasn't a torch, but this past week destroyed the snowpack even in western MD. I went from playing in 18" of snow last weekend to bare wet muddy ground this weekend. Wisp really took a beating, looks like snowmaking opportunities later this week. They made snow for a week straight and are back to ~50% open. :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

I guess it wasn't a torch, but this past week destroyed the snowpack even in western MD. I went from playing in 18" of snow last weekend to bare wet muddy ground this weekend. Wisp really took a beating, looks like snowmaking opportunities later this week. They made snow for a week straight and are back to ~50% open. :(

Yeah the 60 degree dewpoints really did a number on us, even though it was pretty transient

15 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Gorgeous morning in Canaan with undercast in the valley. 

IMG_1036.jpeg

Beautiful. I've always been fascinated by the interaction between elevation and the weather. The microclimates on a mountain are awesome. 

Cloudy and pretty wintery out there. Low solar energy today so my LED lights in my greenhouse are brighter this morning to make up for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Saw something else on Twitter that was shown at AMS showing that NBM runs low usually vs verification.

Was speaking with @wxmvpete last night about NBM beyond D3 for rainfall, it tends to run too low for a couple of reasons (CAMS not in range yet, resolution issues). I wonder if some of this holds true in the winter?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic