• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

47 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Still snowing moderately as of 5:30 pm and we're up to 1.5" at a steady 33F. Sleet and rain still look like they're only ~5 miles S and SE of us.

Been snowing moderately for the last hour at 33F and we only got another 1/4", which I think means we had some compaction as the snow is fairly wet, so we're up to 1.75" right now and my 2" prediction looks very doable.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dWave said:

Doesnt help it's so marginal to begin with.

My theory is it sometimes happens but more like the difference between 5 or 6 inches, but with this its a matter of 1" or nothing so it's more obvious. You're right though its usually doesn't extend very far like it would on the Atlantic side.

I'm told there is some light acclumation in parts of the west half of the Bronx.

I'd say I'm mainly snow now but still no accumulation. it's mostly frustrating seeing Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Long Island get snow and not us because the ingredients are there for this to bust positive and instead if it busting negative.

1" snow here in Garwood, central Union County, NJ.  34 degrees F.  Dangerously close to blowing my 1-2" slushy accumulation before a changeover.  Haven't seen any sleet yet, but snow intensity is lightening up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I'd say I'm mainly snow now but still no accumulation. it's mostly frustrating seeing Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Long Island get snow and not us because the ingredients are there for this to bust positive and instead if it busting negative.

I’m on Long Island. It’s raining. Only a small portion of LI is snowing 

7 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

33.6° here.  It's been all snow since the first flakes a couple of hours ago, but the snow has been very light and is melting.  Would like to see some better rates before we mix, but who knows.  

Looks like some better returns coming in. Too bad. With marginal temps like this you want the snow to come in like a wall. Could’ve been a couple inches probably if it started up like it did in NJ. 

9 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

33.6° here.  It's been all snow since the first flakes a couple of hours ago, but the snow has been very light and is melting.  Would like to see some better rates before we mix, but who knows.  

Just now, jm1220 said:

Looks like some better returns coming in. Too bad. With marginal temps like this you want the snow to come in like a wall. Could’ve been a couple inches probably if it started up like it did in NJ. 

Getting absolutely crushed here. Mix line is washing out south of the LIE and temp is still dropping 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Picked up here in Syosset. I’m at 33.4. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2” on my snowboard. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

HPN is 29 right now, I guess we can toss the RGEM in the garbage for now.

Yeah I am a few miles south of HPN and we are at 30. We tend to over perform here in Ardsley. Probably due to the elevation. 

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic