Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

2 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Does anyone remember when it was Xmas and the LR thread was saying "get ready for early January pattern change and snow chances are coming Jan 3rd"!!

Start back in the November long range thread, read through all the comments chronologically while playing this in the background: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm starting to get winter of 2018/19 vibes where we weaseled our way to the snow mean by playing the numbers game in an active pattern.  Overall, it's just not cold enough.  I'm not even sure I really want to track another one of those brief snow to mix/rain events anymore.  There's been too many of those the last couple years.  My goal right now is a 4-6" snowstorm...no sleet...just a simple storm like early January 2022.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Does anyone remember when it was Xmas and the LR thread was saying "get ready for early January pattern change and snow chances are coming Jan 3rd"!!

Now its early January, rainy, warm, and "Get ready pattern change coming Mid January everyone!"

LMAO!

We have a rain and wind thread in January.  I’m gonna say you may be  on to something.  “Sorry folks winter is cancelled…the moose should have told you”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

We have a rain and wind thread in January.  I’m gonna say you may be  on to something.  “Sorry folks winter is cancelled…the moose should have told you”

March is gonna be epic...

March Madness, that is.

It’s over

I need to see a vort sliding under our lat with a high pressing in across the GL and northeast. Yesterday’s setup was mucked up by the vort unraveling into the upper midwest prior to the surface low developing. With the mild waters the mid levels are getting warm nose’d almost every storm it seems.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic