Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

On 9/30/2023 at 3:02 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Got some bad news on our little dog today. She’s been having swelling and drainage from her jaw. Vet thinks it’s a mass, most likely cancer.

Going to treat the infection with a follow up in a week to see if they can get a better look and run some more testing to confirm.

Hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst, unfortunately

image.jpeg.d06f88dfed9ab0b83a736e7db3a092f6.jpeg

So got some surprising good news today. The antibiotics significantly reduced the swelling and infect. Vet was very encouraged and doing another week of antibiotics to make sure it’s completely clear.

No follow up necessary for now, so she doesn’t think it’s anything cancer/Mass at this point.

Our girl did nip at the vet today when she was examining her mouth, which was super embarrassing for my wife and I, but, what can you do I guess.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So got some surprising good news today. The antibiotics significantly reduced the swelling and infect. Vet was very encouraged and doing another week of antibiotics to make sure it’s completely clear.

No follow up necessary for now, so she doesn’t think it’s anything cancer/Mass at this point.

Our girl did nip at the vet today when she was examining her mouth, which was super embarrassing for my wife and I, but, what can you do I guess.

Good news for sure. As for the nipping, that’s nothing. Our dog has to be drugged and muzzled to have his nails clipped and even the. It’s a struggle. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Good news for sure. As for the nipping, that’s nothing. Our dog has to be drugged and muzzled to have his nails clipped and even the. It’s a struggle. 

Yeah our girl was abused before we got her so she is very apprehensive of strangers. We do two doses of gabapentin normally before we go so she’s very sedated. 

Today, not so much. Not sure if the antibiotics kind of reduced the effect of the sedative. 

Either way, vet was feeling around the jaw and mouth and she got her a bit. No blood or anything, just kind of a warning.

I think going forward we are going to muzzle her when we go, just to be on the safe side.

12 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah our girl was abused before we got her so she is very apprehensive of strangers. We do two doses of gabapentin normally before we go so she’s very sedated. 

Today, not so much. Not sure if the antibiotics kind of reduced the effect of the sedative. 

Either way, vet was feeling around the jaw and mouth and she got her a bit. No blood or anything, just kind of a warning.

I think going forward we are going to muzzle her when we go, just to be on the safe side.

My brother's dog has to take meds before a vet visit and also gets muzzled, he's a rescue so who knows what happened before he got him. That's great news on your pup, hope you have him for many more years.

While maybe difficult to see, I had a cell tower I worked on in  Northern Okeechobee county and it was in the middle of a Cattle pasture and had trees around the compound and there was no lie well over a hundred of what I believe are bananas spiders hanging from the trees or tower. The picture doesn’t do it justice as they are about the size of a fist. Saw this one other time in at a site in Palm Beach county at 1am, turned my flashlight on to get to the shelter and boom there are a bunch hanging from the trees.

IMG_1700.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

While maybe difficult to see, I had a cell tower I worked on in  Northern Okeechobee county and it was in the middle of a Cattle pasture and had trees around the compound and there was no lie well over a hundred of what I believe are bananas spiders hanging from the trees or tower. The picture doesn’t do it justice as they are about the size of a fist. Saw this one other time in at a site in Palm Beach county at 1am, turned my flashlight on to get to the shelter and boom there are a bunch hanging from the trees.

IMG_1700.jpeg

@weatherwiz hasn't commented yet because he keeled over.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I thought last week was rock-bottom for this patriots team, but… Man, it’s like they expanded the event horizon of the cosmos of suckirude in order to suck even worse

It seems strange, as they played close against 2 excellent teams in weeks 1-2 and were easily handling the Jets until late in the game.  In that one, the failed tush-push followed by a 4th-and-1 fraidy-cat punt from the Jets' 45 seemed to take the air out of the offense and it's never come back.  Then the D lost its 2 best players.  Murphy is alive and well in Foxboro.

• Like 1