Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

On 9/14/2023 at 2:55 PM, forkyfork said:

@dendrite i saved empress and italian plum pits and i'm going to graft one onto the other after they sprout for cross pollination 

Have you grafted before? I may try a couple dozen pears, apples, and plums next year from Cummins. Maybe some nectarines too although my zone is a little tough for them.

https://www.cumminsnursery.com/

I'd like to try some apples on G969. I prefer free standing grafted trees that end up a little larger. I'll probably use OHxF87 for the pears.

A bit of a random question, but is there an easy site to pull a graph showing precipitation over a period? My friend is being sued by a neighbor who believes the work he did to his property is causing hers to flood when it rains. But I am almost positive last year was drier than this and hoping to find a chart/graph that helps to support it.

• Weenie 1

On 9/16/2023 at 8:11 AM, Bryan63 said:

A bit of a random question, but is there an easy site to pull a graph showing precipitation over a period? My friend is being sued by a neighbor who believes the work he did to his property is causing hers to flood when it rains. But I am almost positive last year was drier than this and hoping to find a chart/graph that helps to support it.

Cocorahs, look at water year Station near you, shows day by day for Oct to Oct just cahnge the year.

https://wys.cocorahs.org/MA/2023

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Stayed up laaaate to watch Coach Deion Sanders And his two boys play Colorado state . Colorado got a big scare but that is an instant classic the way they came back with 98 yard drive and 2 point conversion led by QB Sanders  and then the double OT finish 

Great game. PAC wayyy after dark. So glad football is back.

• Like 1

Patriots are just so predictably boring to watch and I haven’t ever had much faith in their Ability to get skill players from the NFL equivalent of 5 below or ocean state job lot . I wouldn’t have thought I would have said this 10 years ago.. but Without Brady B.B seems not special , he’s a great defensive mind but I think he refuses to realize Brady was the biggest reason for his championship success (he seems to think everything is due to the system ) and I would anticipate meh results while he is still here . I’m not saying that they would be better without him , but offensively and personal wise offensively I think they probably would be. 

Last year the height of head shaking (to put it politely ) was  to put Matt Patricia as OC. Basically this is the equivalent of any pro Mets here trying to put out competitive forecasts but only have access to the nam and nogaps and JMA. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Patriots are just so predictably boring to watch and I haven’t ever had much faith in their Ability to get skill players from the NFL equivalent of 5 below or ocean state job lot . I wouldn’t have thought I would have said this 10 years ago.. but Without Brady B.B seems not special , he’s a great defensive mind but I think he refuses to realize Brady was the biggest reason for his championship success (he seems to think everything is due to the system ) and I would anticipate meh results while he is still here . I’m not saying that they would be better without him , but offensively and personal wise offensively I think they probably would be. 

Last year the height of head shaking (to put it politely ) was  to put Matt Patricia as OC. Basically this is the equivalent of any pro Mets here trying to put out competitive forecasts but only have access to the nam and nogaps and JMA. 

I’ve always said the worst thing to be in the NFL isn’t bad, it’s boring. The Dolphins have been like that for years. No excitement, no anticipation and just plain mediocre. At least with Tyreek Hill there is some pizzaz and they are more fun to watch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think Bill wanted BOB all along but he was under contract with Bama and I don’t think Bill wanted to pry him away from Saban. I think he trusted Matty P enough and thought he could be serviceable, but obviously it was a disaster. I’m sure Mac is frustrating to work with too though given his guaranteed 3-5 dumb decisions per game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That's an option. I was hoping for something else. I looked at cocorahs, but that didn't help. I guess metars would work, but trying to fill in the gaps in between.

Yeah I’m not aware of much out there. Cocorahs does have ice accretion reports, but it’s difficult to navigate the obs and there aren’t that many. It may be in its infancy stage…not sure.

https://www.cocorahs.org/Content.aspx?page=ice-accretion-pilot

Of course the ASOS accretion obs aren’t a direct caliper measurement, but rather a remote sensing estimate. 

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

All the usual 2 and 3 star chain hotels because the airport is there... Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, etc. A few years ago I was at this hotel called, NYLO (might be part of Hilton?). Renovated mill building with a modern, urban feel on the Pawtuxet River.  Decent restaurant within as well.  All the chain restaurants are there.  If you can head over to East Greenwich (next town south).  Blu on the Water is a nice restaurant in the cove.  Not too far from there is another good spot to eat called, The Trap. Pub kind of place, but nice feel. Wings are awesome. 

Edit: If the convention you are going to is the big one in Providence there is tons of great restaurants in PVD (I'm guessing that you have already researched Federal Hill).  Also, Waterfire is that weekend so if you can, stick around Saturday night and walk along the river during this event. It is a great thing to do.  A few streets get closed off. With artisans, food trucks, and street performers, all against the background of the wood fed cauldrons on the river this event is a worth while thing to see. We try to go at least once a year (we just went a few weeks back).

image.thumb.jpeg.e20ccc4ae04ffb3c408ec7b94002c74d.jpeg

You can swing a dead cat in Providence and hit a good Italian restaurant, probably a strip joint too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Has anyone tried an online vet service? Our vet is absolutely swamped and most of the other vets around here won’t even see new patients. 

We were looking to see if anyone had any experience with these online services?

Tractor Supply up here on Saturdays has a vet service thats first come first serve that i have used, Also, Petco has one and i have used them too, Both of them for check up and shots for our pets as our regular vet is 1 yr out both with success.

https://www.vetcoclinics.com/

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Has anyone tried an online vet service? Our vet is absolutely swamped and most of the other vets around here won’t even see new patients. 

We were looking to see if anyone had any experience with these online services?

We had one come to the house for my wife's cat if that's what you mean. 

On 9/15/2023 at 6:38 AM, Lava Rock said:

Tapatalk under new ownership. Getting lots of emails from my other forums saying they are discontinuing tapatalk use. Will this forum abandon it?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I was curious and did some research.  Tapatalk was re-purchased by the founder.  Probably good news for the app.  Almost all the forums that are removing support are owned by a company called Verticalscope which apparently have bought up thousands of forum sites on the internet over the last decade.  They also own the forum hosting software XenForo, and the competing app to Tapatalk, Fora.  Looks more like this Verticalscope company looking for an opportunity to consolidate than issues with Tapatalk.  Apparently almost the same message verbatim was posted in most forums, which made some people suspicious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Anyone else notice Tim Kelley step off the deep end with politics? The other day I noticed a quasi CC denying post, and was like hmmm…now he’s jumping into the border and immigration situation. Seems like something one would want to avoid.

To be fair it's difficult to tell the climate is changing when you're with PF at Stowe all of the time.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Anyone else notice Tim Kelley step off the deep end with politics? The other day I noticed a quasi CC denying post, and was like hmmm…now he’s jumping into the border and immigration situation. Seems like something one would want to avoid.

And some would want to dive right in! I've heard several Mets lately with the same general sentiment, not total denial just questioning how certain data is collected

On 9/16/2023 at 8:11 AM, Bryan63 said:

Let me know what specific time period you are looking for and I can pull something down from this resource. Great at creating precipitation over time graphs, historical perspectives, etc. Boston and Worcester hubs likely have the most accurate data historically, yet as an example:

• This summer (June-August) was our wettings summer since 1955
  • June thru current day in September is 5th wettest all time. 

https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/ 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CCHurricane said:

Let me know what specific time period you are looking for and I can pull something down from this resource. Great at creating precipitation over time graphs, historical perspectives, etc. Boston and Worcester hubs likely have the most accurate data historically, yet as an example:

• This summer (June-August) was our wettings summer since 1955
  • June thru current day in September is 5th wettest all time. 

https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/ 

Yeah that is easy to figure out. 

• Confused 1