Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23

BxEngine

33 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Summerlike temps perfectly coinciding with peak flowering bulbs and trees has really been an experience. Almost makes a person reconsider their disdain for spring as a concept.

Up until I’m reminded that all the bees and wasps are waking up, I don’t hate them, because they’re good for the environment, but I still have an irrational fear of them. It’s weird because I’m fine with any other bugs.

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Summerlike temps perfectly coinciding with peak flowering bulbs and trees has really been an experience. Almost makes a person reconsider their disdain for spring as a concept.

2002 was another one where this happened, very blue skies, high temps and low humidity......absolute perfection!

1 hour ago, Intensewind002 said:

Up until I’m reminded that all the bees and wasps are waking up, I don’t hate them, because they’re good for the environment, but I still have an irrational fear of them. It’s weird because I’m fine with any other bugs.

I find there are less bugs around when it's very hot and dry

Being inside one year now for the April 8th solar eclipse, I'm thinking of looking to book a room someplace in western new york directly in the path.  I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on where might be a good town to visit?  Trying to find someplace that will have some decent hotels but enough off the beaten path that it won't be jam packed, and also on the southern edge of the track..  Any advice would be much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

This has been an early start to spring with the warmth.  A lot of stuff blooming and starting to turn green.  We get a cool down now but next week looks to warm up again (not like this, but more seasonable).

I do have to say though, the heat the last two days has really thrown my brain a curve.  It's weird seeing spring blooms with 90 degree temps like you alluded to.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 9:49 PM, coastalplainsnowman said:

Being inside one year now for the April 8th solar eclipse, I'm thinking of looking to book a room someplace in western new york directly in the path.  I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on where might be a good town to visit?  Trying to find someplace that will have some decent hotels but enough off the beaten path that it won't be jam packed, and also on the southern edge of the track..  Any advice would be much appreciated!

Western NY is a tuff place for clouds. I would try to find an area that downslopes on a westerly flow.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

I'd head to Vermont honestly.    Anything close to the great lakes could have issues with clouds as you note

Exactly, honestly you would have the best chance on the west slopes of the greens on top of one of the ski resorts. This way if there is valley fog/clouds your above the inversion. If there is a storm on the east coast then obviously all bets are off.

I would stay mobile 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Any bets on when Joe Bastardi starts the delusional ranting that this El Niño is really “west-based” or a “Modoki in disguise” and uses 57-58, 76-77, 02-03 and 09-10 as his “analogs”?

:lol: At least he's admitting that using analogs from colder eras is a non starter....

9 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Today was a historic day in Spain. A new national and European April record high temperature was set.

image.png.423121190d1175e02ad759c7aa5abd7b.png

They are also in a multi year dry spell so their reservoirs are seriously depleted. This is supposed to be their rainy season, so they face a difficult summer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Any bets on when Joe Bastardi starts the delusional ranting that this El Niño is really “west-based” or a “Modoki in disguise” and uses 57-58, 76-77, 02-03 and 09-10 as his “analogs”?

I wouldn't bet against his using the strong 57-58 and 9-10 eventually, but we'll see. 

Meanwhile, in his continuing fight against recognizing the scientifically proven existence of significant GW from AGW, he did put this out tonight (see Tweet below). He keeps insisting that oceans have warmed from the bottom up via geothermal input rather than from the top down via AGW. He's saying that the atmosphere is warming due to the oceans rather than the reverse meaning he's saying GW is mainly from increased underwater geothermal input. One thing he's failing to recognize is that excess sulfur emissions were likely hiding GW during the 1960s-1970s. Also, if I'm not mistaken, CO2 didn't accelerate markedly until after 1970:

9 hours ago, GaWx said:

I wouldn't bet against his using the strong 57-58 and 9-10 eventually, but we'll see. 

Meanwhile, in his continuing fight against recognizing the scientifically proven existence of significant GW from AGW, he did put this out tonight (see Tweet below). He keeps insisting that oceans have warmed from the bottom up via geothermal input rather than from the top down via AGW. He's saying that the atmosphere is warming due to the oceans rather than the reverse meaning he's saying GW is mainly from increased underwater geothermal input. One thing he's failing to recognize is that excess sulfur emissions were likely hiding GW during the 1960s-1970s. Also, if I'm not mistaken, CO2 didn't accelerate markedly until after 1970:

It’s sad. He either doesn’t know what the greenhouse effect is/the properties of greenhouse gases or he is deliberately posting misleading information.

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, GaWx said:

There are a few papers that have this as their main conclusion, so he chooses to believe those over 1000s of others....  

• Sad 1

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever he will be using 57-58, 02-03, 09-10 and probably 76-77 as analogs, just like he does every year there is an El Niño. It’s mental illness

• BxEngine changed the title to Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23