• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

I don’t know…All these different runs look pretty decent here…WOR in a decent spot right now. 

This is in that weird stage now.  

Similarly two days ago,  there was zero precip coming tonight from this first one, and I was told it was dead-and gone from pros on here. Now somehow, GFS HAS almost .8” coming.  

likewise This one is far from figured out, just like tonight’s was deemed dead on arrival too. Now look….

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If it goes pure northern stream, this ends up a Catskills to Adirondacks storm. The southern vort is the only thing that keeps this a bit east initially. 

Models seem to be all over the place. Do you think once this first storm pulls out it will setup a final solid run for all. 

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

Ya'll didn't see the writing on the wall days ago, when the EPS had a sizable amount of members hugging or even inland?  

Why would you assume a minority of the members are correct. The number of inland lows actually reduced in subsequent runs (only to recently come back)

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My point is  It’s not tracking up the CTRV like the 84 hour Reggie . With such tight clustering across the board over the elbow or at least mid cape.. it’s going to snow west of that track 

And also don’t see Ensembles still look quite good for many? We’re not at the point where we switch over to operational runs. That’s probably more like tomorrow afternoon. I don’t understand all of the moaning. I’ve never thought this was going to be that big up here though. We get shadowed and down sloped in these weird angle storms sometimes. But western New England to me and probably a good bit of eastern New England should have a lot of fun as it stands now. 

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

Ya'll didn't see the writing on the wall days ago, when the EPS had a sizable amount of members hugging or even inland?  

I saw the writing on the wall when I saw a lack of a high to the north, but I definitely got sucked in some with some of the Euro runs that had the low over the canal.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not as big of an event in that case, though.

Correct, it would still be a decent event for them but likely not a 2-3 foot juggernaut. 

It’ll be interesting to see if the southern stream comes back a bit stronger either tonight or tomorrows 12z runs. That will be key for most of us in SNE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

And also don’t see Ensembles still look quite good for many? We’re not at the point where we switch over to operational runs. That’s probably more like tomorrow afternoon. I don’t understand all of the moaning. I’ve never thought this was going to be that big up here though. We get shadowed and down sloped in these weird angle storms sometimes. But western New England to me and probably a good bit of eastern New England should have a lot of fun as it stands now. 

There’s a lot of posters today ( some I’m surprised at) thinking this won’t take the clustered elbow/ cape / Climo favored track . 18z GFs already started the tic east . More to follow 

40 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We take.

floop-gfs-2023031018.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

If This Occurred, EVEN if I didn’t come home, there are NOT Nearly Enough Pejorative Terms in the Dictionary for me to be spewing on this board.  

15” in NW RI, around Boston, ORH, 2 Feet in NE CT, All of Western MA…  4” for me.  

Ohhh Lordy Lord Don’t let that happen.  That’s December 25-26, 2002 Level Insanity.  

• Confused 1

I’m actually shocked at the emotions in here more than anything from some.  I think the east and far east folks have reason for some concern…but I don’t think this is a done deal for anybody, or even close to a final solution, or done moving around at all yet.   

Keep cool,  and let’s see what transpires after this(supposed non storm with an inch or even an inch plus of qpf for some WOR) passes through the area. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Why would you assume a minority of the members are correct. The number of inland lows actually reduced in subsequent runs (only to recently come back)

There have been many gfs and eps members over SE MA or much farther west, really.  speaking over days time and not a single run.  I know you're cracked at this stuff so I'll defer.  But jmo the background stuff is pretty solid, marginal airmass and etc, those things aren't changing too much.

20 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Those clown maps off the GFS are hilarious... especially considering the models cold bias and how the soundings look verbatim. 

Total snow depth maps over here like 

ov7KEp.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=boun

Could be a thump outside of 495, but oof 21" at 10:1 in ORH equating out to 6 on the ground.:yikes:

4 hours ago, MJO812 said:

640b74b0a4e21.png

That clown map brings up bad memories of smoking virga while watching 12/92 playing out to my near south.  But I can't complain after how things have been the last few weeks up here compared to SNE.