Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This may be the hardest one I have ever done...probably have something out by like 9ish

I feel pretty confident this will be a crushing from southern VT down through the Berks into Litchfield County. It certainly gets more challenging outside of this area, but my leaning is this will be rather impactful for many. 

• Sad 1

The southern stream is having less and less influence on most of these runs today which is the opposite of what we want to see....it's going to be congrats Catskills if we can't reverse that trend.

Group chase? After a POS winter like this man I’m like 90% sure I’m headed up to the skills’.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The southern stream is having less and less influence on most of these runs today which is the opposite of what we want to see....it's going to be congrats Catskills if we can't reverse that trend.

I’m shocked we are seeing an unfavorable trend inside day 5. That’s so unlike this whole winter

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Opposite trend we want to see....when have we seen that before this season. Just an uncanny ability sniff out what you don't want, and then piss in your mouth. 

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Doubtful that trend reverses IMO.

It will need to reverse by the 12z runs tomorrow...that's when the southern stream vort comes on shore. Northern stream became more dominant today when it came onshore, the hope is maybe southern stream can come in stronger by tomorrow.

But I'm fairly pessimistic at the moment.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m shocked we are seeing an unfavorable trend inside day 5. That’s so unlike this whole winter

Actually most storms its occurred before that lol.  There has been ticks that have gone bad inside Day 5 but in general this winter models have sort of locked onto a general idea at Day 6 or 7 then held it from there.  We've lost like 5 storms to cutters at 130-150 that never came back but ultimately maybe shifted 75-100 miles which impacted places like Buffalo or Detroit but one of us cared

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My point is  It’s not tracking up the CTRV like the 84 hour Reggie . With such tight clustering across the board over the elbow or at least mid cape.. it’s going to snow west of that track 

If guidance does converge on a track over the elbow I’ll be excited for my area, but it has trended more inland with the low. Looks toasty here

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It will need to reverse by the 12z runs tomorrow...that's when the southern stream vort comes on shore. Northern stream became more dominant today when it came onshore, the hope is maybe southern stream can come in stronger by tomorrow.

Yea.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I obviously said that when I thought it was tracking near the cape, which I suspect you know. 

Have you seriously given up? Okay, they've had a bit of a blip but nothing is set in stone that is coming into Connecticut. A lot of the members still have the low pressures out by the cape. This winter has sucked and everything has pretty much gone in the wrong direction. But, this one has been steadfast with the low pressure systems being out by the cape. I don't think it's over and I don't think it's going to come inland. Maybe it will wrap in over by the cape, but I just not sure it's going to wrap in in Connecticut or Western Mass. Don't give up man.

Right at the 84-96 hour range was when the euro finally adjusted N with precip for this current event.

12z on the 7th was last run that shunting the precip S/E and the next 00z run brought it N again.

We are right in the range now, not feeling great that we saw the shift today.