Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Because heavy snow is the only thing in this world that still affords me the opportunity to experience the very same youthful exuberance that I did as a  child. So few adults in this world have something that allows that,  and when you do, cherish it for life bc it's a gift.

Same here pretty much. Something about heavy snow that brings joy and wonder.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Because heavy snow is the only thing in this world that still affords me the opportunity to experience the very same youthful exuberance that I did as a  child. So few adults in this world have something that allows that,  and when you do, cherish it for life bc it's a gift.

This should be pinned

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well said

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

If you don’t ski or snowmobile why care so much?  What do you do after it snows

Not everyone enjoys the same type of weather. Most on this board like cold and snow, you like warmer weather, and some of us even like both. Yeah, it’s not really logical but who cares? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

absolutely, love some snow, especially the big storms, air feels fresh, and I love cleaning it along with playing in it with the kids... still one of my favorite things is to take a walk during a heavy snow

• Like 1

For me part of it is I find it really fascinating how unpredictable the weather is. Also enjoy the aesthetic of it, whether it’s watching the snow pile up during a monster blizzard, severe thunderstorms, heavy rain, hurricanes, extreme heat, etc, it’s just really cool.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

A legendary post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A big snowstorm is one of the most joyful experiences a weather nut can have. For too many reasons to list but snow in general gives me that youthful exuberance that I’ve had since I remember my first big snowstorm at 3yrs old in Poland. My dad’s fiat stuck in the driveway and my older brother pushing me down the hill on a piece of cardboard. The fact I can still remember that is proof it’s part of my DNA. My kids love it now and I get to go out to enjoy it with them. I’d love for them to experience a 24” that they would remember for a lifetime…continuing this passion and understanding of snow which eventually trickles down to an overall passion for weather/mother nature.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

absolutely, love some snow, especially the big storms, air feels fresh, and I love cleaning it along with playing in it with the kids... still one of my favorite things is to take a walk during a heavy snow

And unlike other wx phenomena that I am awed by, snow can totally transform a landscape for the “good”. There is nothing like it. 

Doq61fO.jpg

o01KyXo.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

And unlike other wx phenomena that I am awed by, snow can totally transform a landscape for the “good”. There is nothing like it. 

Doq61fO.jpg

o01KyXo.jpg

hands down my favorite, love all aspects of weather but yeah, something about how snow transforms the yuck winter landscape of brown and lack of color is amazing. I recall when we were kids just walking around, staying out in snowstorms until nearly frostbitten, I distinctly remember the April noreaster in 82, third grade spring break, almost getting frost bite from being out in it, good times!

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

We’ll look what qomega elicited!  I feel like it’s Ebeneezer Scrooge, seeing the light

Ha. I think we often get labeled a certain way because how hyper focused we become on tracking snows and how emotional we can get when it doesn’t go our way….some people mistakenly view it the wrong way. Meaning, I don’t think anyone wants snow just to have it…they want it because of all these reasons mentioned, and more. It often doesn’t Come across that way but no one has the time or mental bandwidth, except for Tip, to explain to everyone before each possible event…why do we want it.

• Like 1