• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion)

Kmlwx

38 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Worst part about vacation. Not knowing how your property is!!!

No doubt. Sounds like we probably dodged a bullet in Ellicott City so hopefully no issues there. I’m down in the Myrtle area and we lost power tonight from a storm. No wind or anything but just unbelievable lightning. Constant flashes. 

• Like 1

I love this place! People rooting for severe storms…until they go off the charts and F with their homes and lives. Suddenly, not so much in the fun and games department anymore.

3 days later….OMG. Incoming severe day!! Let’s rock! Bring that tornado to mommy and daddy!! Spin away mofo’s!!!

Soooooooooo….we literally all have “severe” problems. No doubt! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

Understatement.

I watched some of it on our Ring. Seemed like decent, windswept rain…but nothing much more.

I get that storms are very localized, and I’m not upset that we didn’t have more than a very brief power outage, but I’d have been pretty annoyed had in been at home for this one.

1 hour ago, WeatherShak said:

Also… woah. 70c65fcfee4b521745bdd25d41993158.jpg

Obv northern MD along the m/d line got the worst of it.

It seems some closer to dc metro reported that it wasn’t much of a storm for them.

While I lucked out in that there’s no damage to my property, things did get quite intense for about 10 minutes. 

See that W just east of Leesburg? I’m right south of that. 

Total 1.03” today

Big storm obviously on radar coming through staunton this afternoon , dropped .02 on my yard in northern Waynesboro..... it has always been that way since moving here from western Albemarle 17 years ago.. We just don't get much in the way of thunderstorm rain here....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

Still powerless. Thankfully it’s less humid out so opening the windows is quite nice in the house 

Hope your power is restored soon.  Our power flickered about 10 times over a couple mins when the initial line came through.  Likely due to trees contacting the lines.  Normally, the breakers allow 3 or 4 spikes before the breakers trip as a safeguard (according to a Va Power lineman).  So it appears we got lucky.  Many weren't as fortunate.