• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx Thread (General Discussion)

Kmlwx

19 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Several calls for trees down on I-83 in Parkton, CC: @mappy

Yeah trees down all over York road. Watched the county come pull them off the road. Next door neighbor lost a big one. Another had their canopy shredded. So glad we took ours down. Lot of branches and debris in our yard but no major tree damage

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Got a max wind gust of … 14.8 mph so uh that counts for something. 

There's a reason why SPC talks about "within 25 miles".  There just aren't many events that pan out other than in very localized places.  We're seeing it here with Westminster and others.  In Fairfax County, we are going to see a small stripe of damage from Manassas to the east, but nothing else.  I also gusted in the 20s and the rain is actually not impressive for how the radar looks.  Big drop bias.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, H2O said:

Just had a cell pop up over me and it rained for 5 min. Watch it ruin the line coming at me 

Yep, Mrs. V and I were caught in that one, we were hoping to get our standard 4-mile early evening walk in, but that little cell truncated it. I wondered if that cell would "take the sails" out of the main line coming through, and indeed, I think it might have because the main line starting to come through is very much standard summertime thunderstorm fare.

27 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Yeah but we had mini-me come through to let the air out. Of course it's awfully dark to our west so maybe we'll still see some action. 

Yup.  :(  Got a little ominous-looking here, too, but that's about it (with exception of gust front).

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Snoozer - okay missing out this time though. Hope everyone with damage is doing well.

I tend to agree with you -- took the below pic/vid about 5 minutes ago. Hearing some thunder now, but I think we missed out on the "big stuff." OTOH...I don't think I want to deal with what Westminster, MD is facing right now.  :/ 

image.thumb.jpeg.2d79620052a9f900078764bc26a7cb45.jpeg

Video:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/2J3XdYS1AGy1dxGq7

• Like 4