• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Nam looks more like a frontal passage than a storm for the midwest. 

The secondary low might be stealing all the energy from the main low.

If we were all in Chicago we'd be getting pissed at this development of these secondary "convective feedback" lows along the wave/vorts pushing out ahead of the main trough that seems to be stealing from the heavy snow CCB they would be getting. Looks like this might be real again but it wouldn't mean snow for us-but it could mean a nastier time in terms of wind and heavy rain. 

Sound familiar-like a certain storm on 1/29 this year where that happening probably cost NYC 12" of snow?

• Like 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

If we were all in Chicago we'd be getting pissed at this development of these secondary "convective feedback" lows along the wave/vorts pushing out ahead of the main trough that seems to be stealing from the heavy snow CCB they would be getting. Looks like this might be real again but it wouldn't mean snow for us-but it could mean a nastier time in terms of wind and heavy rain. 

Sound familiar-like a certain storm on 1/29 this year where that happening probably cost NYC 12" of snow?

I had 10 inches of snow from that but the lack of negative NAO hurt us 

32 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like euro gives several inches to some NNE Resorts friday am and the mild up lasts about 12 hours . This doesn’t really seem like a big disaster to me for nne ski areas or cne really 

It doesn't....the Dec 25, 2020 comps are not going to pan out. I don't see a prolonged mega-warm sector residence time with the CAD showing up. It will rain and be mild for a time, but it seems like less than 12 hours in the true warm sector....prob closer to 7-8 hours in NNE. Seems like the warm sector hits late morning/midday for NNE and by early evening, Powderfreak is already posting pics of parachutes falling in Stowe as the front passes through.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It doesn't....the Dec 25, 2020 comps are not going to pan out. I don't see a prolonged mega-warm sector residence time with the CAD showing up. It will rain and be mild for a time, but it seems like less than 12 hours in the true warm sector....prob closer to 7-8 hours in NNE. Seems like the warm sector hits late morning/midday for NNE and by early evening, Powderfreak is already posting pics of parachutes falling in Stowe as the front passes through.

Yea I could see Phins region to Saddleback coming out ahead.

41 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Nam looks more like a frontal passage than a storm for the midwest. 

The secondary low might be stealing all the energy from the main low.

Yup, I mentioned the secondary as a possible TITPB on Sunday night.  That run is a full Justin Tucker 60 yard field goal kick to the balls for the Midwesterners!