• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

Ray always talks about regression. Well, we’ve had a lot of warm, wet, shitty Christmases in recent years. Perhaps we’re due to regress via a blizzard this year. The Grinch will learn the true meaning of Christmas  and chuck tropopause folds and thundersnow and snow to thy knickers from his sleigh. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Ray always talks about regression. Well, we’ve had a lot of warm, wet, shitty Christmases in recent years. Perhaps we’re due to regress via a blizzard this year. The Grinch will learn the true meaning of Christmas  and chuck tropopause folds and thundersnow and snow to thy knickers from his sleigh. 

He’s going on like 4 years since a 24+ event while we are going on 10 years so hopefully his regression prayers make it far enough west…should this one evolve favorably for the region of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s going on like 4 years since a 24+ event while we are going on 10 years so hopefully his regression prayers make it far enough west…should this one evolve favorably for the region of course.

It has been a minute in these parts. I think we’ll be spreading the wealth before this pattern breaks down. 

Just looked at Euro OP... piecemeal phasing that spreads the wealth in space and time, but close to a much bigger hit if that shortwave diving to Carolinas caught up

GEFS+EPS look great

Obviously the best signal we've had this season...

Gonna be alot of distracted folks at upcoming holiday parties ;) 

• Like 2

Since we're waiting a bit. If we look back on some of our larger storms in the past. If we had similar output 7 days prior to the actual date of the storm? 

It a very good amount of agreement with several of the models. Definitely not something we see often. And we are one week out from it, so definitely more substance to what we're seeing today.

• Like 2

What the operational euro is doing from what I’m seeing is it’s stalling in the Gulf of Maine …generating new subsidiary lows within that general pan and then bouncing the circulations around the common center kind of Fujiwara. 

Somebody in northern Maine probably get about 40 inches of snow out of that a single dose but whatever that thing is doing at this range I find it hard to believe that a 975 MB is going to go over the other half of Cape Cod and we only get 9 inches of snow west of Boston. There’s some intra-trough negative interference going on. 

… All silly details it’ll be completely different inside of a couple of runs. 

• Like 1

Just looked at Euro OP... piecemeal phasing that spreads the wealth in space and time, but close to a much bigger hit if that shortwave diving to Carolinas caught up
GEFS+EPS look great
Obviously the best signal we've had this season...
Gonna be alot of distracted folks at upcoming holiday parties  

I was that way at Thanksgiving about 8-10 years ago. Comet ISON was due to pass close to the Sun (less than a million miles) that day and be the brightest comet ever a couple of days later. Instead, it completely disintegrated when closest to the Sun. I was inconsolable and not much fun to be around during T day. Astro geek instead of weather geek, but yeah, same idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will also have to keep an eye on that lead bundle of mechanics that gets inserted into southern Canada between 120 and 144 hours… As is it’s not bad as it’s dangling precipitously capable of hooking in, but if it gets any stronger it will change the entire landscape of the mid range.

• Like 2