SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

@NWSBoston

·

13h

[Coldest Christmas Eve High Temps Since 1975!] Just ran our PM daily climate reports. 

High Temperatures: Hartford/Windsor Locks 17, Worcester 14, Boston 20, Providence 17 degrees. 

At all four stations, they are coldest Christmas Eve high temperatures since Christmas Eve 1975

• Like 3

Merry Christmas weather frens!  so it was so cold yesterday morning the chicken waterer froze, thought those were good to like 10 below, but apparently 3F is cold enough... looks like we have to wait until after the new year for anything wintry huh... still waiting for my birthday storm, Jan 3 I turn 50, would love a nice event.

15 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

Merry Christmas weather frens!  so it was so cold yesterday morning the chicken waterer froze, thought those were good to like 10 below, but apparently 3F is cold enough... looks like we have to wait until after the new year for anything wintry huh... still waiting for my birthday storm, Jan 3 I turn 50, would love a nice event.

Happy half a century 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Looks like 4 rain events in the next 14 days or so up in NNE.

Just waiting on confirmation from the other people coming with us; but we are most likely canceling our trip.

Cant believe the weather is going to force us to cancel a ski trip in mid-late Jan. You hate to see it

Shut em down?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

They’re making plenty of snow and have days to groom. Why would you cancel?

It looks like several more rainers between now and the 19th.

im sure they’ll make some snow and do the best they can, but I’m not overly keen on spending 100$ to ski on icy ribbons of snow, with no natural.

it was kind of something we decided on when we booked. If there isn’t going to be half decent natural conditions, we out. That’s a lot of money to waste skiing, over multiple days.

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just waiting on confirmation from the other people coming with us; but we are most likely canceling our trip.

Cant believe the weather is going to force us to cancel a ski trip in mid-late Jan. You hate to see it

No need to worry, someone will tell us how great the pattern looks in 10-14 weeks..

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What model shows a forecast through Jan 19?  12Z GFS looks like snow in NNE on Jan 7 (384 hrs).

26 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It looks like several more rainers between now and the 19th.

im sure they’ll make some snow and do the best they can, but I’m not overly keen on spending 100$ to ski on icy ribbons of snow, with no natural.

it was kind of something we decided on when we booked. If there isn’t going to be half decent natural conditions, we out. That’s a lot of money to waste skiing, over multiple days.

You’re going January 19? Hell they may  get snow on 1-5. I would NOT cancel.

• Like 1