• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Season's first ...albeit minor, synoptic event late Tuesday in the Mid Atlantic ... New England on Wednesday

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, TalcottWx said:

Maybe in Se MA or south weymouth, but not here in the great white northwest 

I just looked where Simsbury is-and your sig has you at 100 feet.   So in summary you may get some snow-certainly more than us in the east but expectations beyond an inch seem like a stretch.  We miss you here Jay-put your foot down and head up north to live next time!

58 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I just looked where Simsbury is-and your sig has you at 100 feet.   So in summary you may get some snow-certainly more than us in the east but expectations beyond an inch seem like a stretch.  We miss you here Jay-put your foot down and head up north to live next time!

Simsbury is the valley floor. So not a great snow spot . That particular area does extremely well with CAD. In fact , one of the best in the state. Many times they retain snowcover while 95% of the state is bare. Similar to Hippy’s area. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

We’ve see this too many times in these set ups. If the nam says torchy aloft, it’s gonna be torchy aloft. Many of have been deceived by fake GFS snow on the CP. many will be deceived again. But not me, NAM is my daddy 

For all of its warts, the NAM is usually pretty good at seeing the warm tongue.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nothings really changed… Better snow chances are C -northern New England. 

38/21  Full sun. Winter atmosphere with ease this hr  

In the interest of now casting this thing probably watch the behavior of advection over the next 24 hours.  And also it’s not so far-fetched to monitor the environmental feedback‘s… Such as if it’s clear tonight and decoupled it’s going to bottom out … then, we may actually “ CAC” tomorrow morning …end up with a low level boundary layer cold feedback that way. I think that for people north of Hartford and west of I 495 in Massachusetts up to SE VT and S NH theres a potential for some ice.  

it’s a good practice event… In a month we probably frontload this event with better snow performance… at least per guidance look. And there’s still some small chance of this thing busting colder so long as the high is draped north and the low does cut southeast 

So....you're saying scattered outages?

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hard not to like PFs spot (well especially the ski area) for this. Sure question of how far north the goodies get...but I feel like he's in a good spot here. Deeper into the cold, and probably near some mid level fronto. 

Yeah I’m thinking here or a little bit south towards like MPV-Sugarbush zone.  Models have been pretty consistent with some fronto-banding somewhere arcing from N/C VT into NNH.  Just depends where and how robust.  Sometimes it not a bad thing to be a little further north if mid-level banding realizes a bit north.  NE in VT into Coos County probably a bit better for later development?

Doesnt matter… just get the ground white for the first time this year.

• Like 1

I am in Rutland Vermont for work this week, so very interested to see how this plays out. Home for me is in southwest Missouri,  so I have no idea what places/features you all are talking about but as a big time snow lover I am excited to hopefully see some flakes before thanksgiving. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MUWX said:

I am in Rutland Vermont for work this week, so very interested to see how this plays out. Home for me is in southwest Missouri,  so I have no idea what places/features you all are talking about but as a big time snow lover I am excited to hopefully see some flakes before thanksgiving. 

Forget all about the snow (for now).  Get yourself to Gill's Delicatessen .  They make the best sandwiches in the state, bar none.  Make sure you get shredded cabbage on your sandwich instead of lettuce.  Between that and their specially baked rolls, they are amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MUWX said:

Uh oh, major work distraction!

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Forget all about the snow (for now).  Get yourself to Gill's Delicatessen .  They make the best sandwiches in the state, bar none.  Make sure you get shredded cabbage on your sandwich instead of lettuce.  Between that and their specially baked rolls, they are amazing.

And hit Jones Donuts and Bakery for donuts (duh)