• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

As far as it's 'believability' ... there is a reasonable coherent -EPO puse, albeit lower resonance, up there NW Canada toward the end of this next week.  

-EPO entries do send a reasonably good fit to lower heights west of Chicago, first, anyway.  But the "lower" pulsed -EPO at this time of year... mm.  It may be too weak to instruct an eventual cold load across N/A on whole as is in the trends ...  So I'm imagining we may end up triggering a pattern reversal that sort of stalls, instead.  Leaving us in some sort of more or less Nov 2020 look.    

13 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

30k without power in Maine congrats

MP outages got up near 70k, and I'm confident that there were additional folks in the dark northeast from their service area.

Event total was 3.37", with more than half (1.82") coming in 6 hours, 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM.  Yesterday's 3.30" is 7th highest here for a calendar day, though the total wasn't in the top 20 events.  Carrabassett River came up 11 feet though its flow has dropped by half since that peak.  Had a pretty wild 15 minutes 2:15-2:30 with RA+ and house-creaking gusts.  I would not be surprised to find some newly fallen fir, exposed by nearly bare hardwood neighbors.  

• Like 1