Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Ian

Scott747

4 minutes ago, geddyweather said:

Fort Myers GoM Tidal Gauge starting to really climb now with storm surge. This is located well behind the barrier islands in downtown, just northeast of the Caloosahatchee Bridge. 

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=tbw&gage=fmrf1

And that was nearly 45 minutes ago and way upstream from most of Cape Coral.

4 minutes ago, geddyweather said:

Fort Myers GoM Tidal Gauge starting to really climb now with storm surge. This is located well behind the barrier islands in downtown, just northeast of the Caloosahatchee Bridge. 

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=tbw&gage=fmrf1

4.38 ft is the highest crest ever on that. We may double that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sojitodd said:

I saw the video of this on youtube-this is not Ft. Myers itself but is Fort Myers Beach right by the coast just off the beach.

I saw a video that Lee Goldberg posted on twitter, of a number of boats floating free of the dock. You would think they were under power, but they are free floating, moving fast.

1 minute ago, Wannabehippie said:

I saw a video that Lee Goldberg posted on twitter, of a number of boats floating free of the dock. You would think they were under power, but they are free floating, moving fast.

I just wanted to make the difference in that post because we were discussing if the surge had gotten bad in Cape Coral/Ft. Myers itself so I wanted to just let it be known that the pic of the serious flooding was older and from the beach area. 

We have yet to see what it is like in DT Ft. Myers/Cape Coral. Hopefully not as bad as at the beach? Later video showed houses in water up to the eaves there(Ft. Myers Beach). And they were one story houses filmed from a landing on a two story house. Yikes

Cape Coral getting reports of significant structural damage across the city, emergency officials say

From CNN’s Naomi Thomas

Ryan Lamb, fire chief and emergency management director of Cape Coral, Florida, told CNN the city is getting reports of significant structural damage. 

“We’re getting reports of significant structural damage across our city, as well as significant rain,” Lamb said.

Lamb said that they have seen some storm surge as it pushed in the opposite direction to a limited degree and are now bracing as it potentially pushes toward a lot of the population mass and as the flow pushes into the city’s river and canal system. 

The significant calls that have been coming in are from people still in their homes who have experienced some type of roof, window or door failure.

• Thanks 1