joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

20 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

In West Hartford?

My daughter is at Bryn Mawr.

It came down to St Joe’s ,Uconn Providence , Assumption  , Stone Hill.  I was pushing for Uconn. Only 12 minutes away etc .. but she wanted a smaller college atmosphere. It’s a great little school . Good luck to your daughter. I hope she has a great year. 

Heading out to clean all the debris and damage from the storms yesterday. Should be a few hours of work . Still pretty dewy at 66

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, dendrite said:

I mean, if you're a serious, serious weather observer you upgrade from the 4" gauge and go with the standard 8" NWS gauge. That'll cost you a few Benjamins unless @OceanStWx decides to hook you up.

http://cocorahs.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-8-inch-standard-rain-gauge.html

Before I leave here, I'm hoping one walks away into my trunk and finds it's way into the garden at home.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He gone.

For now

Lot of ground to make up for months of Stein. 

It’s like that scene from Terminator 2 when he’s frozen and Arnold shoots him. Blown to pieces. Just when you think he’s gone, he comes back together again and reappears to get you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lot of ground to make up for months of Stein. 

It’s like that scene from Terminator 2 when he’s frozen and Arnold shoots him. Blown to pieces. Just when you think he’s gone, he comes back together again and reappears to get you. 

If it doesn’t rain for another 2 weeks straight like we had.. he right back .

Back broken today after finishing yard cleanup 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

"Cooler" shot for Labor Day weekend?

gfs_T850a_neus_23.thumb.png.fe668d5d67f0df24b5e01b4be0ad3129.png

Yeah...this has been emerging and fading ...emerging and fading in guidance ever since typhoon "Tokage" smeared its guts across the N Pacific - not sure those two are unrelated. 

It's early in the year for the 'recurve correlation' stuff, but... I have tl;dr hypothesis why it may matter this year - perhaps more so than typical summer.  

Anyway, it's transient..

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...this has been emerging and fading ...emerging and fading in guidance ever since typhoon "Tokage" smeared its guts across the N Pacific - not sure those two are unrelated. 

It's early in the year for the 'recurve correlation' stuff, but... I have tl;dr hypothesis why it may matter this year - perhaps more so than typical summer.  

Anyway, it's transient..

Yeah looks to warm back up above normal heights as early as Sunday.