Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Droughts are real and they happen here. There’s been many disbelievers over the years on this forum. The 1930’s and 60’s can easily be what this turns into for most of SNE . Especially with possibility of few or no coastals . Now.. if we get that cane to hit.. then it ends quickly 

1960s were a huge decade for snow and coastals.

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats Southbury again . Had an inch overnight and more flooders next 2 weeks 

What has been result of our massive drought(s) here this summer?  I haven't followed too closely the impacts on the farming industry or other businesses, etc.  What impact has stein had here, how bad has the suffering been?  I haven't seen any direct impacts hit me so I am curious how its been around the rest New England (as opposed to OLD England as I know they had some serious dry days over there this summer as well). 

This time of year is when summer gets “stale”. 

On one hand you’re more guaranteed to have warm weather now than in early June… but the days are quite a bit shorter. The leaves is where you can tell a difference beginning. Pretty much everything is still green, but there’s more of a mix of dark greens and hints of orange or grey about the greenery… suggesting the foliage is “aging” for the season. This is in contrast to late May and June, where you see tons of bright greens, and the air is bustling with the vibrations of life.

I’ve had a good time chatting with you all the last two years but it turns out that in a couple months I’m moving to Valdosta or Jacksonville area with mom. We have decided we want to escape the brutal winters and be near my sister. But boy, you get some big thunderstorms down there!

The signs of summer aging are disturbing to me since summer is my favorite season, but we will be leaving before all the leaves are gone! And at least the weather in SNE remains pleasant well into Autumn. It’s not Iowa, which on the north side can see an abrupt shift into winter by October.

I will miss our winter fun we have here but I’ll check in when the big storms come there, or if there’s a tornado event where I am.

1 hour ago, IowaStorm05 said:

This time of year is when summer gets “stale”. 

On one hand you’re more guaranteed to have warm weather now than in early June… but the days are quite a bit shorter. The leaves is where you can tell a difference beginning. Pretty much everything is still green, but there’s more of a mix of dark greens and hints of orange or grey about the greenery… suggesting the foliage is “aging” for the season. This is in contrast to late May and June, where you see tons of bright greens, and the air is bustling with the vibrations of life.

I’ve had a good time chatting with you all the last two years but it turns out that in a couple months I’m moving to Valdosta or Jacksonville area with mom. We have decided we want to escape the brutal winters and be near my sister. But boy, you get some big thunderstorms down there!

The signs of summer aging are disturbing to me since summer is my favorite season, but we will be leaving before all the leaves are gone! And at least the weather in SNE remains pleasant well into Autumn. It’s not Iowa, which on the north side can see an abrupt shift into winter by October.

I will miss our winter fun we have here but I’ll check in when the big storms come there, or if there’s a tornado event where I am.

That sort of 'observation metric' may not work as well in a stressed flora state due to desiccation factors.   

Trees are cutting out with yellows and death brown in clumps of leaves that have nothing to due with 'normal' seasonality triggering leaf chemistry changes - which is why colorization happens.  They are simply dying off members prior to getting to that normal destination.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That sort of 'observation metric' may not work as well in a stressed flora state due to desiccation factors.   

Trees are cutting out with yellows and death brown in clumps of leaves that have nothing to due with 'normal' seasonality triggering leaf chemistry changes - which is why colorization happens.  They are simply dying off members prior to getting to that normal destination.   

Regardless of the foliage, the difference in the sun is palpable....90 degrees just doesn't have the same bite that it did in mid July, just like when cold is manageable in the sun as we near March.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's a pleasant day.

If you’re sitting inside not doing anything except typing sure . If you’re doing yardwork, exercising, washing car etc.. you’re undies and shirt on lower back is drenched and sweats pouring off forehead the way summer should be . Certainly not their definition of Coc k 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you’re sitting inside not doing anything except typing sure . If you’re doing yardwork, exercising, washing car etc.. you’re undies and shirt on lower back is drenched and sweats pouring off forehead the way summer should be . Certainly not their definition of Coc k 

You are actually right...just stepped out and it's a bit sticky. They are in NNE, so maybe it's not as bad there?

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a special summer...

Speaking of the month, this could end up being one of or THE warmest Augusts we have ever seen. We still have a few days to go to crunch the numbers.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather-news/stories/firstalertforecast/81047/

10_day_inland (13).png

2 minutes ago, BrianW said:

What a special summer...

Speaking of the month, this could end up being one of or THE warmest Augusts we have ever seen. We still have a few days to go to crunch the numbers.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/weather-news/stories/firstalertforecast/81047/

10_day_inland (13).png

As of today .. BDL is at #1 for hottest Augdewst in history . Wonder if September will be same deal ?

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nah, 3:45pm 82/55 is Chamberiffic.

• Like 1