• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Little jumps like the Euro just made will help up here for sure.

Hope they continue until go time. 

I need more than just pixie dust to turn things around.

Most of New England is basically starting from scratch after this.

Monday I was hiking near Pinkham Notch and there was maybe 12-14” of snow in the woods.  Wildcat looked like Swiss cheese from the base lodge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Most of New England is basically starting from scratch after this.

Monday I was hiking near Pinkham Notch and there was maybe 12-14” of snow in the woods.  Wildcat looked like Swiss cheese from the base lodge.

Yes, natural skiing is basically gone anywhere near the beaten path. No pics of J. Spin and PF blasting through champagne powder at the resorts are forthcoming any time soon.

Manmade groomed trails is about it.

The base has been obliterated and will need to be rebuilt. That's why I have been saying that 6" of high ratio fluff isn't even going to help much. We need back-to-back wet 12-15" jobs to get back on track.

Hopefully this one keeps coming north as it would deliver the first one we need.

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yes, natural skiing is basically gone anywhere near the beaten path. No pics of J. Spin and PF blasting through champagne powder at the resorts are forthcoming any time soon.

Manmade groomed trails is about it.

The base has been obliterated and will need to be rebuilt. That's why I have been saying that 6" of high ratio fluff isn't even going to help much. We need back-to-back wet 12-15" jobs to get back on track.

Hopefully this one keeps coming north as it would deliver the first one we need.

Many slopes shut em down until this next storm . Back to back torched cutters just killer 

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Many slopes shut em down until this next storm . Back to back torched cutters just killer 

Skiing was great today, you are disillusioned.  From the board I’m on and I was on the hill today:

Wow. Very good conditions today, best of season for our group up top before we broke for lunch. 

As far as I know, the triangle between Brattleboro, Keene and Greenfield has never jackpotted with any winter storm, ever.  There have been some great storms but no jackpots.  If you really wanna get into semantics,  you could add Bennington and North Adams into that club.
In any case, this will most likely be my biggest winter event,  so far, this season.  I just need 6”+ to accomplish that.  If this storm can’t produce that here I’ll cash in the chips. 
October storm...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Don’t have a problem with colder solutions at all… I wrote plenty of rational reasons and solutions why those colder solutions should be the ones to go with. 

Yet just because a couple of models tweaked north by whatever amt we automatically have to go with that… ?Sounds a little neurotic to me without having any specific reasons to assume that’s the case. And I don’t buy just because the vmax is n.  Plenty of examples of all snow overrunning events where that was the case in the past. Wind max is not really overcoming the llv boundary resistance; it’s going to be a deeper colder air mass; the overrunning is going up a steeper slope. 

Think that it’s as north as it can go in those north solutions.  The only way it can go north is if the scaffolding/confluence significantly changes. That’s certainly possible …will have to see

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic