• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I expect some sleet and maybe even some light rain or drizzle before it goes back To snow. Kevin will stay colder at the surface but not aloft. 

Yep I expect sleet right up to Ray even…but I think there will be a big thump before that. Bent back WFs usually produce well. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah euro ticked north but very small tick. Still really cold. I don’t expect it to verify. 

The RT 2 corridor in MA up through S NH is historically the favored zones for these systems.
 I’m not sure why there are always so many debates when we should all know the drill.  Are there exceptions? Sure.  However, usually the only question is, if there is a furnace at the mid levels raging north.

Anyway, regionwide decent thump of snow coming for most.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember he was grouchy when ORH-BOS was getting crushed in that event but he didn’t absolutely lose it until Mattmfm posted from Providence that he was getting heavy snow while Tolland was getting Scalped. He went nuclear when that happened. Then Ekster posts from SE MA that it’s ripping at 2” per hour and I think he logged off for a couple hours. That might have been the first event he broke some stuff in the basement. 

I think he totally lost it when Phil was getting crushed on the cape.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep I expect sleet right up to Ray even…but I think there will be a big thump before that. Bent back WFs usually produce well. 

That extra 3 hours is all the difference. Bufkit NAM/GFS KTOL to KBOS split is 4.2/6.9 to 7.5/11.5. 

When you're snowing around 1 inch an hour, the hours add up.

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic