joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As late as yesterday I was thinking I’d have gone Jan 6 and well into Feb with deep pack encased with ice which would be able to withstand the ever increasing Feb sun angle . Now if I’m lucky , I’ll have an hour of sleet that might collect above the windshield wipers and grass with frozen snow banks that slowly rot in the mild afternoons next week. With no pack, winter to me is worthless. Especially in a not desirable pattern moving forward 

Agree..  It's all meaningless without snow or the threat of snow.  As much as it pains me the time to fire up the lawn thread is near.  

Almost time to pull out the bugle and play taps on this season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Agree..  It's all meaningless without snow or the threat of snow.  As much as it pains me the time to fire up the lawn thread is near.  

Almost time to pull out the bugle and play taps on this season.

I could still see a favorable stretch in early March, but yea...barring a HECS that actually produces as such IMBY, the fate is sealed on this year...another dud.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

With this type of event closing in tomorrow, I am thinking what is a good speed to drive if you dont detect ice yet? If it is icy obviously you would crawl... But my mom and I will be driving home at 3pm and 6pm respectively. For the former, if there was no obvious ice yet but temps were below freezing with rain I would not exceed 50mph on I95 and I would do 35-40 in a 50mph zone.

Time and again I notice that humans do not respect icy or snowy conditions, especially SUV and TRUCK drivers, and they like to approach the speed limit that is posted for ideal conditions. Gets people killed all the time. 

Forecast calling for freeze line to reach Norwich around 11am tomorrow... So one good outlook would be things to be past-frozen and already treated. Then everybody would be crawling. Because to me the most dangerous circumstance is getting caught in it right when the freeze is happening, before treatment has been put down because many folks will still be doing the speed limit (or worse) when this goes down. I find however that in snow, Connecticut drives safer than Iowa.

6 minutes ago, 512high said:

42F/ .18" RAIN , I can't believe this shi_t.....I won't see 2" of snow to cover this crap back

**Do you think I will stay above 33F overnight before I change over ? 

Most models drop ASH to 32F 3-5am. Probably upper 20s by 7am. Tomorrow looks like a mess.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Eh....I'm kind of over this season....it is what it is. 4th consecutive bad season. A fifth next season would be unprecedented. 

Temp here has been unwavering at 40-41 all day.  We'll still probably clear the deck before a little sleet in the morning.

LOL at all the schools that have cancellled.......this will be really underwhelming for 99% SNE.