joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Agree..  It's all meaningless without snow or the threat of snow.  As much as it pains me the time to fire up the lawn thread is near.  

Almost time to pull out the bugle and play taps on this season.

Same post 10 days later then 20 plus walked in your door

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, Greenfield is in between the Boston and Albany beams so not always completely accurate.

To get over the Green Mtn Spine, the BTV radar beam needs to be at least 1.5 degrees and best at 1.75 and I personally like the 2.2 degree scan… that puts the beam height in E.VT near the River/91 at like 8,500-13,000ft above the ground.

Where I am I need to sample 6,000ft at least overhead by the time it reaches me on an angle to clear Mansfield at 4,000ft ridgeline… despite being only like 25-30 miles from the radar site.

Meanwhile someone like Phin is 60 miles away from GYX radar but and gets sampled at 4,400ft elevation because he can use the 0.5 degree scan… he actually has better radar coverage than a lot of eastern VT past the Spine despite the much further distance away.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Temp here has been unwavering at 40-41 all day.  We'll still probably clear the deck before a little sleet in the morning.

LOL at all the schools that have cancellled.......this will be really underwhelming for 99% SNE.

18Z Euro disagrees with you for Northern and Central Mass