joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Mind you I hate the P&C wording, but I could see someone pulling 20s. That banding could support 1+ an hour for much of the event. Probably the only limiting factor is that I'm not sure we're going to have the fluffiest ratios.

Model support is there for sure. Seems like as the storm departs we could have a fluffier band for a few hours that could pad the totals with some bootleg “fake snow.” 

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Who did that map update?

Schroeter.

Those maps are sneaky, because they're going to lump sleet in and make it look like snow. I personally am less bullish but I'm not going to micromanage someone's forecast and warnings are already up for generally awful weather during the commute.

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I didn’t think they would get cold before the precip was done.   That makes sense then. 

They get a decent amount of precip after the flip. Maybe 3 quarters of an inch of QPF. Might be more if the GFS and some other colder meso are correct. 

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will say pack is holding up. Seems like it compressed to a thicker layer and taking longer to melt. Areas that aren't exposed still a foot easily without drifts. My yard, not so much haha.

That’s what happened here. We compress down to about 6-8” of very dense snow and since then it’s been much slower. 

Schroeter.
Those maps are sneaky, because they're going to lump sleet in and make it look like snow. I personally am less bullish but I'm not going to micromanage someone's forecast and warnings are already up for generally awful weather during the commute.
I get 3" sleet. Sweet

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1