joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

34 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Any ballparks on how much sleet N ORH could see?   2-3" seems possible

Fitchburg schools already closing for Friday

Back in the day there was a 1000 times better chance of running into Miss Universe while walking to school than  school being cancelled for what is expected on Friday....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Back in the day there was a 1000 times better chance of running into Miss Universe while walking to school than for school being cancelled for what is expected on Friday....

And you didn't even wear seatbelts either! The good ol' days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry to interject into all the SNE chatter, but here's an ob from NNE on the other side of the front:  26ºF, winds N16G23 and just passed 0.5" of new snow.  The infernal drip, drip, dripping has stopped and turned into icicles along the rooflines.  We're starting today's snow with 3.5" left on the ground.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you honestly think the HRRR is correct ?

And Secondly. JC - CT laughs at every single one of your posts . Even when they are just obs 

I haven’t even looked at the hrrr tbh because my forecast hasn’t changed one bit for days now. Lots of rain with a brief period of frozen. It’s the type of system not worth obsessing hr to hr changes because the end result is tragic for CT winter lovers. 

And do you really monitor/track other posters emoji’s? lol. Thats funny.

My pack is getting annihilated which sucks, I hate mud. Hopefully you can hang onto yours though, you had a much bigger head start there. GL.

3 minutes ago, das said:

Sorry to interject into all the SNE chatter, but here's an ob from NNE on the other side of the front:  26ºF, winds N16G23 and just passed 0.5" of new snow.  The infernal drip, drip, dripping has stopped and turned into icicles along the rooflines.  We're starting today's snow with 3.5" left on the ground.

You can see the cold draining right down the valley on the sfc plot

Feb3_315pmsfc.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
6 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

"a lot of meso guidance shows this"

-Will, 12 minutes ago

You sure about that? And if so.. do you think it will end up that way?

Yes, I'm pretty sure. It says 19 minutes ago now, but if you subtract out the time stamp of my post you are quoting from the time stamp of this post, I think you can probably back into it being 12 minutes prior to my post that you quoted. I don't know Will to be someone who goes back and changes his posts very often, so I would say I have above average confidence that it will end up the same as it currently is, which is how it is below: "a lot of meso guidance shows this."

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ryan will have to point out on his broadcast tomorrow morning if ORH is like 27F while BDL is just getting to freezing and Tolland is still near 50F.....a lot of meso guidance shows this. The ORH hills are blocking the cold from getting over and into NE CT while it drains down the CT Valley to the west

image.png.4fd978ff4fb23d750716deeb815574d0.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure. It says 19 minutes ago now, but if you subtract out the time stamp of my post you are quoting from the time stamp of this post, I think you can probably back into it being 12 minutes prior to my post that you quoted. I don't know Will to be someone who goes back and changes his posts very often, so I would say I have above average confidence that it will end up the same as it currently is, which is how it is below: "a lot of meso guidance shows this."

Just my opinion.  I think you will be incorrect in this thought process . The press will be south of HRRR

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

The cold push is looking less and less impressive around here tomorrow morning. Seems like we sort of rot at 32/33F for a while. Definitely not a flash freeze look. 

There is a petition in place to have "Flash Freeze" adjoined with the Windex entry in the Fraud Five...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2