joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nam ended up being right in this, If has a warm layer bank on it, Looks like we got  1.0"/sleet, Now some large aggregates falling, Snow growth should be good from here on out.

NAM performed better than the other mesos but was still off by about 10 miles for my area. Actually yesterday's 18z 3k may have nailed it. 

Hovering right at 32*.  Just got in from walking the dog--no sense of glaze though that must be really close to happening.

Between the rain and snowmelt, it's rivers going down the street (I'm near the top of a steep hill).  Even if we go to sleet, I think the ongoing flow from snowmelt is going to be making a mess out of my road.

Also, the walk way from my driveway is under about 2" of water.  That should be fun once it freezes.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah I wasn’t disagreeing on that temp not happening. You were saying that was at 8:00 AM

I should've been more clear...I didn't expect U40s dews to hold all night for you, but I didn't expect the actual sfc boundary to come through until about 8a. Basically a slow drop out of the 40s and then the quicker drop post fropa.

28 minutes ago, wx_observer said:

Not all kids can access their education well remotely, and K-12 students have already experienced a significant social emotional impact from remote learning.  On paper, it makes sense to have remote days count.  In real life, it doesn't look like this is what is the right thing to do for students at the K-12 level. 

a couple of days of remote learning isn't going to impact anyone.