joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

This is what I always envisioned when TWC had "wintry mix" as the forecast back when I was a kid. It usually didn't verify like this (instead it was like straight ZR or a defined transition from snow to sleet to ZR), but this is definitely that type of day where truly a mix...we've had ZR/IP and SN- all throughout this morning and often at the same time.

That little batch that just came through is heading east I wonder if you can rip quick

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is what I always envisioned when TWC had "wintry mix" as the forecast back when I was a kid. It usually didn't verify like this (instead it was like straight ZR or a defined transition from snow to sleet to ZR), but this is definitely that type of day where truly a mix...we've had ZR/IP and SN- all throughout this morning and often at the same time.

Definitely transitioning to a predominant snow (teeny flakes) scenario now.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I have the same. small sleet balls and pixie flake stuff. Will be interesting to see if those flakes can get a little better. RAP still is not too cold at 925 yet. 

I feel like the RAP is too warm in that layer...NAM was WAYYYY colder and the NAM is usually pretty good aloft...the RAP had a bunch of us barely below frezing at 925 while we were all slamming heavy pellets at 32F earlier with a massive fat warm layer....which doesn't make any sense. It would require a very cold layer in there to get pellets.

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

maybe we can pull of a inch or so after the dryslot passes looks to be filling in a little to the SW

At least hope for a heavy coating to brighten the landscape.  It has done nothing here since noon. 

Franklin Co has a force field over it this winter, we can't buy frozen precip.  lol

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like the RAP is too warm in that layer...NAM was WAYYYY colder and the NAM is usually pretty good aloft...the RAP had a bunch of us barely below frezing at 925 while we were all slamming heavy pellets at 32F earlier with a massive fat warm layer....which doesn't make any sense. It would require a very cold layer in there to get pellets.

Yeah good point. You aren't getting pellets on that profile it shows. But either way, it is cooling so it will be interesting to see what happens. Vis is slowly dropping so more pixie stuff it seems.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

At least hope for a heavy coating to brighten the landscape.  It has done nothing here since noon. 

Franklin Co has a force field over it this winter, we can't buy frozen precip.  lol

hoping we stay snow now once more precip moves in..  very light snow now

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah good point. You aren't getting pellets on that profile it shows. But either way, it is cooling so it will be interesting to see what happens. Vis is slowly dropping so more pixie stuff it seems.

We have a lot of crappy flakes right now...like it almost looks like the predominate precip type now. Vis is def down to less than a mile as my reference ridge line about 0.8 miles away is obscured now.

You might get some OES enhancement as the flow at 900-925 turns NE/NNE after 21z.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We have a lot of crappy flakes right now...like it almost looks like the predominate precip type now. Vis is def down to less than a mile as my reference ridge line about 0.8 miles away is obscured now.

You might get some OES enhancement as the flow at 900-925 turns NE/NNE after 21z.

You thinking Reggie was wrong about snow later tonight?