joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What the heck is up with the NAM bringing sig ice to NYC and to the beach of rhode island and southern MASS, but most of CT not that much? It goes well south to the west and east of CT? Is that even possible?

Looking at current obs I guess the models were actually right about this? Not that coastal RI and NYC are getting significant icing but their temps are indeed colder than most of CT.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hovering around 29.7-29.8. 

Almost like there is yet another pulse up around Essex county....I noticed earlier they kind of rotted in the 29F range and then quickly went down to the 26-27F range the past hour or so.

We're now getting into that 29-30F range here....everything is rapidly icing up solid, not just elevated or snow covered surfaces anymore. It'll become really nasty when it falls another pulse down into the mid 20s.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Ice melt

Get a watering can.  Sprinkle warm water over ice.  Just a bit.  immediately get some snow from the woods and throw it over the slippery pack.  It will stick to freezing water.  You will never get down to bare pavement but a thin layer of snow is much less slippery.  What I did yesterday is i have a thin vinyl long mat. Ace hardware sells a 12 foot section for $8.    I lay it out before the ZR IP and then after the storm at least have a walk area void of frozen stuff.  I also put the vinyl on the car windshield.  There will be no scraping for me tomorrow and don't have to wait half an hour for the defroster to melt ice.

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Almost like there is yet another pulse up around Essex county....I noticed earlier they kind of rotted in the 29F range and then quickly went down to the 26-27F range the past hour or so.

We're now getting into that 29-30F range here....everything is rapidly icing up solid, not just elevated or snow covered surfaces anymore. It'll become really nasty when it falls another pulse down into the mid 20s.

Noticed I dropped a couple degrees just before noon. There was definitely another little push 

4 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Freezing drizzle in progress.

About 1" of sleet. 

Decent amount of glazing.... enough to sag the white pine limbs a little.

25 miles to your NW it has been snowing since 3am at my place and much earlier in  Plymouth NH.  Any reliable snow reports from K1p1?

23.5F  Vis  1 mile light snow