Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forecasts and closures in SNE are going to look fooish.  The modeled cold push was real but it seemed to hit a wall in CNE.  It came down the HRV ok but did not work out past Central VT or into the Ct River Valley.    My friend in Putney Vt is at 900' and he said no snow there and only .5" sleet.  I keep trying to get him to join the forum.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The forecasts and closures in SNE are going to look fooish.  The modeled cold push was real but it seemed to hit a wall in CNE.  It came down the HRV ok but did not work out past Central VT or into the Ct River Valley.    My friend in Putney Vt is at 900' and he said no snow there and only .5" sleet.  I keep trying to get him to join the forum.

It was absurd down here but we already ripped them earlier this morning before the superintendents here berated us. I know, not an easy call...but back to back terrible calls to shut it down is not going over well with parents. 

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I just looked out 10 minutes ago and everything stopped.. just looked out again and we got mod snow with really good snow growth WTH??  That was unexpected

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

At the mountain 3,000ft as of 9am we had roughly 14" or 14.5" at the High Road Plot.  5" through 4pm and then 9.5" overnight.

The bonus snows are here in full fluff factor now after the first 14" were very dense.

Perfect for skiing....get that dense base down and then fluff the top

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We're getting absolutely ripped with pellets right now and a LOT of pixie dust....there's def crappy flakes mixed in now due to that very cold layer in the 925-950 region.

Can confirm that here as well.  Pretty wintry and not in a pleasant way.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Can confirm that here as well.  Pretty wintry and not in a pleasant way.

This is what I always envisioned when TWC had "wintry mix" as the forecast back when I was a kid. It usually didn't verify like this (instead it was like straight ZR or a defined transition from snow to sleet to ZR), but this is definitely that type of day where truly a mix...we've had ZR/IP and SN- all throughout this morning and often at the same time.

• Like 1