Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

50 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No question in my mind that deformation-kill area would have pummeled me with a normal airmass....this storm is a poster child for why I loathe these frigid, dry, arctic tundra deals......always end up huffing exhaust. The arctic air is probably part of the season it chased that convection/vorticity, and side stepped me.

These CJ deals always do that...you pray it moves inland, and it remains pinned inside of rt 128. I know it more mid level fronto than OES this time, but same end point.

Unbelievable....the beat goes on.

I mean just being sorta whimsical but it's really kind of unfair?  There are other storms of lore that did not require the kind of colonoscopy this thing apparently needed. And still ... it seems no one sniffed ( no pun intended ) out what may have been coup de gras factor: low level cold inhibition/BL resistance. 

I did not hear one AFD, not one TV met, nor read a post before hand where a single soul ( if you're out there ..with all due respects) warned that the reason the GFS was pearling out and stressing the low pressure structures so much, would be because of a sneaky arctic boundary displacing S of the south coast ... laying in an impenetrable wal - I can honestly say, I did not see that.  I just assumed like ( apparently) everyone that this was chasing convection. 

The funny thing is...when I awoke this morning, the low was ( like I said) close to 38/72 something like that...and there was no convection anywhere around it... So, no it didn't chase shit - that's not what was going to happen and that was a poor model interpretation - I now feel strongly about. Not just me - everyone.  So two ours later, the low's position leaped some 150 M ENE .. chasing convection that was not there to chase. No, that's it getting ground along the denser air mass interface is what that is.

At the end of this...I will have clocked ...mm 10" ?  I'm around 6 now, and it's milky out of window.  Poor accumulation rates... We're pushing talcum powder around in 40 mph gusts.  16 F.   I'd call it 1/4 mi vis, with about half that because of actual falling snow, and the other is cryo-dust.  But 10" is a respectable snow storm.   We just gotta allow ourselves to deflate from the loftier expectations, a resentful journey I know... But we'll eventually see that this was a successful and significant event anyway. 

And there's the IMBY shit too.  I mean someone in the SE proobably has a more inspired sentiment.  Remember when we joked the other day?  - watch this break records, thus be historic, yet be utterly uninspired -     who do we flip bird to LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, pretty big fail for NWS maps in W MA and a lot of CT.  Beware the Messenger shuffle.

Hy

Jeezuz!  You only have 6.5"?   Fooking disaster, hopefully you can cash in a little bit better rates in the next few hours.

Why does he have so little? Also radar looks much better than ground truth here

9 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Not even bothering to measure. 

Probably somewhere between 9-14"

Shooting for 20"+ but need some banding from 2-7pm, which I think we have a shot at. Nothing insane like the south shore though

Closer to the canal the better your chances are. As long as these bands don’t completely collapse I like our chances of getting to 16-18”.

Not sure how anyone will reasonably measure though, haha. A shame we wasted probably 3/4 inch of precip at >32°F and poor ratios. 

My brother lives in Brentwood right of 111 near the Exeter River.  He says maybe 4" at his house.

Very unimpressive. Just not piling up. Wind is fantastic but nothing more. I’m just south of 111A and the Exeter river. Right next to the Fremont line

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

It's absolutely crushing here, I'm just north of downtown Beverly near Nick's Roast Beef shop. 2-3" hour rates easily. How much you measure there? It's tough to find a measurement here, but found 11-14" consistently around the yard.

It's definitely tough to measure, but i'm averaging about 15-16". I'm probably 3-4 miles east of your location

• Like 1