• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Its running away with this....check your SLP map at 24 hours and it's right where I circled H5:

Jan28_12zEuro24h.png

Right - I'm not sure that has to be correct, either ... the forcing was back SW and it seemed to deepen too far E 18 hr ( so very short term)

now cast it

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Can WoR crew start worrying yet? 

yup.....that little voice inside that kept saying it was too good to be true. I guess we can let it all play out, but we have been here, done this before. I just hope we can keep a 4-8 inch storm potential here, without that slipping away as well

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BostonWX said:

image.thumb.png.9f1e9d2c5ed374e4357c5cabe04fb384.png
image.thumb.png.2a3df4f0f41debe923cbea32f15d43f3.png

Kuchera and 10.1 , still looks very good for central and eastern areas

I know I know eastern areas still look nice but if this is the result. IF IF. That's a massive disappointment.

Boston going from 24 to 13 is still a nice storm but this may be a bit disappointment across the board.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Right - I'm not sure that has to be correct, either ... the forcing was back SW and it seemed to deepen too far E 18 hr ( so very short term)

now cast it

Yeah it's honestly going to be interesting....I think that feature is real, but the magnitude is what it is question. If you get the upper iar forcing to overcome it early enough (like some guidance shows), then you still have a historic crush job for most of SNE....but obviously the Euro decided not to go that route on this run....though I'd be careful for those who think that is not still a monster storm for eastern areas...the deformation band would prob go right through metrowest on that run and everyone would claim the models busted because they got 2 feet anyway....

• Like 4

Just now, PhineasC said:

People here toss almost every model it seems but when they all move together and look the same it usually means something. 

yes. but it also means, like always, that there becomes a point when they are more sensitive to the same data inputs than they are the differences in how they process them

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

I think EVERYONE has to start worrying now. 

If ORH is getting an inch plus LE, PYM is 2 1/2 inches, BOS almost, ie, where most people live, how is that a worry.  In my day living in NYC subforum and visiting SNE school breaks, except 1978, 6 inches was tremendous