• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

It's really too bad that nearly all of the CT peeps except you and Kevin jumped off the bandwagon. We tried to tell them to stay the course, but they didn't listen and we left them on the side of the road. Too bad for them really.

Left em in the dust with no bus to go back and pick them up 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

It's really too bad that nearly all of the CT peeps except you and Kevin jumped off the bandwagon. We tried to tell them to stay the course, but they didn't listen and we left them on the side of the road. Too bad for them really.

I fully admit that yesterday I didn't think this was going to happen for us as far as getting much snow. The models were so erratic and most of the times in the past that didn't bode well for us. But I've always stayed positive. Very excited to see what does happen now

1 minute ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Don't forget all the bodies choking Boston Harbor from the Tobin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Good map Chris, hope your right, lets hope public works is on their "A" game

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’d prob roll the dice at this point inside of 495 instead of signing on the dotted line for 8-9 inches. 

It's pretty close up here that the 10th percentile is actually my best event of the season so far. 

Obviously I'm putting it all on red though and hoping for something bigger.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

It's pretty close up here that the 10th percentile is actually my best event of the season so far. 

Obviously I'm putting it all on red though and hoping for something bigger.

Yeah I mean, if the upside wasn’t so high, I’d prob take 8” and run but when we have 24-30 as realistic upside, I’m gonna gamble. 

• Like 2

Just now, tiger_deF said:

From someone still relatively new to meteorology, what about this is so impressive?

Deep, saturated dendritic (snow) growth zone with large amounts of upward motion centered within it from the intense mid-level frontogenesis, cold temperatures closer to the surface -> very, very high snowfall rates. Wind will cut down somewhat, but you'd be easily talking 3-4"+/hr rates with that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Harvey chucking them high and far. We’re in special territory now. 

Look at the NWS high end map giving us the weenie line extending right up towards our area. The expected total does the same, but with a pedestrian 20+ inches lol 

image.thumb.jpeg.34da31594fc6c89952c32ead65d9e3ff.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, andyhb said:

Deep, saturated dendritic (snow) growth zone with large amounts of upward motion centered within it from the intense mid-level frontogenesis, cold temperatures closer to the surface -> very, very high snowfall rates. Wind will cut down somewhat, but you'd be easily talking 3-4"+/hr rates with that.

62yde7.jpg

Honestly that's the only thing that's really "bad" about these soundings. Any dendrites/aggregates are going to get torn apart by the winds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

From someone still relatively new to meteorology, what about this is so impressive?

I don't know that piece well but the blue dash line from '0' is the temp I believe - the squiggly lines are dew and temp at that location (having them overlap means near full or full saturation). And the vertical markers are your heights and from what I have learned from this is that 700 is where the magic happens - and the column is saturated to the ground.

Caveat - I am a music major who was friends with a bunch of mets at Lowell and I've lurked here for a long time. Those with more knowledge then me feel free to egg me - I am total hobbyist.