• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

NAM drops the H5 from a 522 closed contour to a 510 closed contour in... 6 hours. What. How?

The mechanics of cyclogenesis itself and related rising air motion, also lowers height; it’s not just the approach of the trough from the west. That’s what I was trying to describe earlier regarding feedback mechanisms… It’s one of the reasons why the 12z solution did not reach its upper bound is because of that dual low spread the lift

• Thanks 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

The mechanics of cyclogenesis itself and related rising air motion, also lowers height; it’s not just the approach of the trough from the west. That’s what I was trying to describe earlier regarding feedback mechanisms… It’s one of the reasons why the 12z solution did not reach its upper bound is because of that dual low spread the lift

I know that's how cyclogenesis works generally, but to that degree seems like +4 SD. For the particular evolution of that run, not necessarily for the event, I will add

Just now, dendrite said:

In random 12z model news…

The frenchy was a good hit for BOS and SE MA with some snow up here, and the chinese and korean were cape hits with some snow back to BOS but nada here.

The frenchy was great hit for virtually everyone except our VT friends unfortunately

11 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I don't think a lot of people realize how unusually sensitive this forecast is to fairly small changes in the evolution.

The fact that all of the mesoscale models are way out there and the EPS distribution has grown quite a bit from 0z to 12z is a pretty big red flag.

I'd hedge toward a bigger solution but man there's a lot that's pretty weird about this one.

The things that can go wrong may not go wrong until the storm has already started.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, even moreso than normal. I get it.  I would have thought the mesos would be the one to wrap tis over my house, but the opposite is true.

Exactly. There's something weird going on.

The fact that 30% of the Euro Ens members don't even give Boston 6" shows that this setup is really freaking challenging.

12 minutes ago, SlantStickers Anonymous said:

You know it was a great model run when things start getting that classic Greco-Roman atmosphere in here. 

Absolutely.  It was a very fine tribute to the Greeks, who invented sex. And to the Romans, who introduced women 300 years later.  

• Haha 7