• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, skierinvermont said:

Sure but you have to consider the downsloping and climo.. all the models show a gap in the snow there. SE CT, S RI and south shore of MA have basically never seen 24"+, maybe once, and 18"+ is extremely rare. 

And yet almost all the maps have these areas in either 18"+ or 24"+

I'm not discounting your theory it may end up being less in the locations you mentioned, but I'm sure that all of the locations you have mentioned have seen two feet of snow on a few occasions in the last 25 years.  But yes, very rare, and almost never a jackpot location in this setup.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You mean south coast...south shore gets 2' often.

New Bedford had 2' in Jan 6, 1996

south shore is the coastline south of Boston right? Yeah I meant south coast. Yeah looking at records from SE CT to the south coast it's like most places either never saw 2'+ or saw it once or twice in '96 and/or '78

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

I'm not discounting your theory it may end up being less in the locations you mentioned, but I'm sure that all of the locations you have mentioned have seen two feet of snow on a few occasions in the last 25 years.  But yes, very rare, and almost never a jackpot location in this setup.

Growing up in SE CT where my parents still are, I'm fairly sure then have never seen 2'+ in 25 years.. I'm pretty sure that whole area from SE CT to couth coast MA is 0-2 times in 100+ years. Primary option is '78 or '96, but some areas missed out. All south coast 1969.

11 minutes ago, skierinvermont said:

Sure but you have to consider the downsloping and climo.. all the models show a gap in the snow there. SE CT, S RI and south shore of MA have basically never seen 24"+, maybe once, and 18"+ is extremely rare. 

And yet almost all the maps have these areas in either 18"+ or 24"+

Drunk? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bristolri_wx said:

We've hit 24" a couple of time here is South Kingstown (between the coast and URI) in the 25+ years I've lived here but it is rare (especially compared to when I lived in Worcester).  We usually don't get large accumulations of the high ratio snow here, but I'm hoping that is the case in this storm, especially if I have to shovel my way to the generator.

5 minutes ago, skierinvermont said:

south shore is the coastline south of Boston right? Yeah I meant south coast. Yeah looking at records from SE CT to the south coast it's like most places either never saw 2'+ or saw it once or twice in '96 and/or '78

depends on where. I lived in Wareham during 05 and they had over 28". I think they came close in 15 as well, if not over 2ft. maybe further west towards like Westport/Fall River they have been harder to come by