• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Blue Hill actually has the highest for a first order station in SNE with 38.7 in the Feb 1969 storm. 

34.5” at ORH in Jan 2015 is the 2nd highest for a first order station. I think their 33.0” in Apr 1997 is 3rd. 

Wow these are some good stats here.

20 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Just so you know, in Feb 13 my area was forecast for 10-15” and the same massive amounts that you’re seeing forecasted for Eastern Massachusetts now, we’re being forecasted then.  We ended up with 33” on a 10-15” forecast the day of when it was already snowing. 

You don’t know how these monsters are gonna set up the Banding, and where the banding will actually be? Primary band, secondary band etc..we won’t know until it starts happening.  This could be similar..there will be surprises with this. You might want to keep an open mind. 

Exactly - same exact here.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In windy storms you want to be on the down wind side . Like that local 8-10” upslope storm in this area in Morch a few years ago . It was snowing over BDL yet all the snow was deposited in the hills of TOL county. In these bombs with ripping winds ENE the west side of those bands.. wherever they end up .. just get hammered 

See I often thought the low level flow under those bands was NNW despite the band itself going ENE to WSW.  I always like a mid-level band radar signature just to my immediate NW.  Put me on the southeast boundary of the echoes from that wind in the lowest 5,000ft.  We are really nitpicking now though :lol:.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

W MA on air Mets are always very conservative with snowfall totals because they’ve been burned so many times.

It makes me wonder about something else- where in the US is the "easiest" market to be a TV met.  Maybe a place like San Diego? New England has to be a hell of a challenge.

3 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

It makes me wonder about something else- where in the US is the "easiest" market to be a TV met.  Maybe a place like San Diego? New England has to be a hell of a challenge.

8-days and every single day is a high of 64-71F and a low of 46-50F.

Seems like a challenge. "Hey Bob, want to do two clouds or one today on the icons?"

Untitled.jpg.10eea94600a45f30f13a30063474d1c3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

i feel like threads used to get "part 2"s

Back when the servers were more iffy, threads that had over 50 or 100 pages started to strain them so we would close them and start new ones. I recall some events having 4 or 5 threads leading into it. 

• Like 2

Just went through the latest runs back to 12z, and they almost all have me in the 6-10 range now. No whiffs. The Canadian models are lamest, a 4-6 deal.

NAM is the best, 10-12 verbatim.

Assuming rates are better than 10:1 here (a decent bet), this should be a good storm given the east flow which crushes IMBY. Hopefully the models juice up from here and don't pull the rug.

I don't have any experience with storms that crush coastal Maine and mostly miss here, but so far in every event so far going back to last winter if heavy bands are rotating into the Portland area they tend to get here too eventually.

• Like 1