Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

Just now, George001 said:

I’m feeling much more optimistic about winter than I was a few days ago with the big overperformer yesterday and positive trends on the models for the long range. 
Boston already has had more snow than all of last year (I believe Boston finished with just under 40 last year) and we have a month and a half left of winter. image.thumb.jpeg.869d9be8d7a08e09835159739832c729.jpeg

Lol. Positive trends ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Hard to be disappointed with an average like that. We all have have unrealistic expectations when it comes to snow. Some years are going to suck. 2015 really messed with folks minds around here.

I'm not really that bummed; skiing has been good. I just get kinda annoyed by these damn cutters followed by arctic air that freezes the mud and slush patches. Then it goes bone dry. Give me a firehose pattern at 30 degrees, please.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I'm not really that bummed; skiing has been good. I just get kinda annoyed by these damn cutters followed by arctic air that freezes the mud and slush patches. Then it goes bone dry. Give me a firehose pattern at 30 degrees, please.

Yeah cutters are the worst in the heart of ski season. They are especially infuriating in February which is a climo min for cutters around here….and usually by February the mountains have a nice deep pack so cutters turning everything into a concrete glacier really sucks. 

Hopefully the one next week trends colder at least for NNE which is still might. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

yeah at the resorts, but here 40's and 50's, sometimes 60's with occasional snow and cold is not a winter month.  Occasionally we get a wintry March but about as often as we torch it

Oh I agree wrt temps. I was talking about his mention of getting another 6”+ event. The chances of deep winter drop off like a rock after the first week or so of March. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

How is the map created?  That snow coverage number does not represent my area correctly?   

@jbenedetWhat model(ed)snow depth is that?  It’s quite wrong here, 18 miles south of Burlington. It piqued my curiosity for MBY. 7.1” OTG with the 0.6” of fluff from the LES this morning. 
48691DFA-07DA-49DD-8C2B-93531FDAA747.thumb.jpeg.87f2854e8dca06108fcf3cda142ed6ad.jpeg

2 hours ago, White Rain said:

Hard to be disappointed with an average like that. We all have have unrealistic expectations when it comes to snow. Some years are going to suck. 2015 really messed with folks minds around here.

You’d be surprised how easy it actually is to be disappointed with a big average. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I would need about 45”  

That’s probably not happening so let’s just start with maybe getting me a storm that verifies warning snow?  Biggest this year was 5.25”
My last double-digit storm was December 2020.

It is what it is. I've stopped expending energy on it. 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It is what it is. I've stopped expending energy on it. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

But he’s doing worse than you and I. 

Yeah but there's nothing I can do about it, so I've tried not to get too worked up.  Still time for a good snow storm or two, it's just been a long wait and it gets tougher to produce here in about 4 weeks.

Being fascinated with weather in general, that cutter Thurs/Fri runs from the Texas Pan Handle to Caribou.  That's how you get rain into N Maine in mid-February.  Love it or hate it, that's impressive.  Be nice to get rid of the ice in my yard.

• Like 2