Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

33 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Probably a couple torchy days next week, but there's an awful lot of high pressure lurking in Canada. Not gonna take much for a backdoor and/or overrunning, esp later in the week. 

Agree ... I wasn't sure I was ever buying the season exit warm up scenario ... The EPO was falling/ neg-ish out there, and now after we've waited ... here comes a cold loading into Canada. Go wonder - 

The negative PNA showing up in the nearer term GEFs is not extended very far beyond, either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

This is the time of year when the ice scratchers come in handy.

I put a set on and it saved my weekend.  The underside of the sled was coated in snow/slush.  The hard snow sunday was not great to ride in so we kept the day short.  Went 120 miles saturday out of Bethel though.  some great trails there in A plus shape.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I put a set on and it saved my weekend.  The underside of the sled was coated in snow/slush.  The hard snow sunday was not great to ride in so we kept the day short.  Went 120 miles saturday out of Bethel though.  some great trails there in A plus shape.

Did you go over towards SR, Andover to Coos Canyon? Its usually good from there to Rangeley.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, lower ceiling with safer floor. At this point, even I am okay with opting for the more secure route lol

Your area and Western MA over by hippie been hosed, I'm a little better then last year but will have to wait and see how the rest of winter performs before grading it.

31 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Do you guys that need scratchers have studded tracks? I never needed scratchers when running a 144 studded track

18 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah, this pattern is a nice look for the E US N of DC

development of a stout -EPO lets cold air bleed S... would probably be overrunning primarily but coastals could be more favored as the pattern matures. good stuff

Yeah you can see toward the end of the run, the PNA ridge and EPO are linked which creates a very meridional pattern that even loses the SE ridge....so perhaps a chance at a season-end big dog with that look if it verifies.

Feb15_12zEPS360.png

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah you can see toward the end of the run, the PNA ridge and EPO are linked which creates a very meridional pattern that even loses the SE ridge....so perhaps a chance at a season-end big dog with that look if it verifies.

Feb15_12zEPS360.png

this is some serious split flow with an active STJ, which ups the risk for phasing scenarios as well. it's a great pattern as advertised

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-uv200_stream-6222400.thumb.png.7c9a0c471b22895083f651224282c7d4.png

• Like 2