Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

38 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gotta watch to see if that extreme pattern gets modified over time....long way out.

It probably won't be extreme...but even if that verifies diluted by 30%, it's still a pretty cold/stormy look. Then again, it's not uncommon for a signal that strong at D12-15 to morph into a extreme pattern.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

Do you guys that need scratchers have studded tracks? I never needed scratchers when running a 144 studded track

My track is 1.25 inch paddle with studs.  Sled is a 1200 which is notorious for overheating.  

My son's 2 stroke - no studs and no scratchers...never overheats.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This just came up in my FB memories.

Pit2 in 2017.  According to my post, we had 41" over the course of the week with another foot forecast for that day (which I recall under-performed).  In any case, a tremendous stretch.

Great stretch for Maine. And then it all melted under days of 60s, dews, and sunshine the next week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This just came up in my FB memories.

Pit2 in 2017.  According to my post, we had 41" over the course of the week with another foot forecast for that day (which I recall under-performed).  In any case, a tremendous stretch.

No photo description available.

That winter was great… 16-17 is underrated in NNE.

Yeah I don’t think that winter gets as much credit but it snowed a lot.  Most snow I’ve ever measured on the mountain with 375” at 3,000ft.  It just wanted to snow.
We also had two raging cutters after the two biggest storms that season. Our 38" pack only lasted a few days

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

Do you guys that need scratchers have studded tracks? I never needed scratchers when running a 144 studded track

I have a studs. This is the first year I’ve had them. It was icy enough Sunday that was glad. My son’s 600 ACE overheated a couple of times. Studs no scratchers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That winter was great… 16-17 is underrated in NNE.

The huge mid February storm was something special.  Most snow I remember in the woods in a very long time.  Only sad part of that winter was the 4 days of 70's a week after that big storm.  Still ripped deep woods lines at Stowe, Smuggs and Jay the first week of March, didn't really seem like it melted all that much.  March raged back strong with that massive mid month storm.  "Stella!"

41 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

The huge mid February storm was something special.  Most snow I remember in the woods in a very long time.  Only sad part of that winter was the 4 days of 70's a week after that big storm.  Still ripped deep woods lines at Stowe, Smuggs and Jay the first week of March, didn't really seem like it melted all that much.  March raged back strong with that massive mid month storm.  "Stella!"

I remember a good April Fools storm that year with like 10" of dense snow falling on the day of the ski area's pond skim event... then later in April a 14" upslope storm hit with high QPF, like spring graupel.  It just wanted to precipitate that winter.  Not many QPF concerns.

Just now, powderfreak said:

It may be a Kuchie map but the consistency in Canada is insane to me.  That Canadian Shield of snow.

Imagine if that was 300-500 miles further south.  Gradient and how consistent snowfall amounts are north of it over a full two week model run is crazy.

gfs-deterministic-neng-total_snow_kuchera-6330400.thumb.png.bf04eda6c7d3059b5abafede2cc43f79.png

Good for them! ;) 

We need snow down here or the spring season will be a bust outside of a few sloppy ribbons.