Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This general area has had a tougher time getting the goods relative to the rest of SNE/ W CNE  I'm speaking locally, I know there are other screw zones N & W.

198362698_NewEngland.jpg.d28e9ed676b952f165c6eac1ade481aa.jpg

I remember time's in the past driving from Coventry to skiing in S. Vermont,  were there was little to no snow from Enfield to Northampton. Then increasing snowcover to near the Vermont border with Massachusetts. 

• Like 1

EPS looks like it has a -EPO/+PNA dominating the pattern as we go into the end of February and into early March. So that would be the next period to look for a threat. The next 7 days looks largely mild....though cannot rule out something more wintry for NNE early next week.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

EPS looks like it has a -EPO/+PNA dominating the pattern as we go into the end of February and into early March. So that would be the next period to look for a threat. The next 7 days looks largely mild....though cannot rule out something more wintry for NNE early next week.

Yep. This season isn't done. I'll be blogging plenty after the breather here.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Of course not, it's just nice to see the coldest wx gone and back broken.   many of us look forward to this, surprisingly. :O

Agree with that. Hopefully this area gets its MOJO back next year....been a while. Maybe we can garner some March momentum and carry it over into next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I remember that bust quite well. Angry and threw a beer bottle at my dorm as the storm approached. 

Ya it wasn’t as much of a flop here as it was down in NYC, but still a big disappointment for sure.  The real huge numbers didn’t pan out as they were predicting…but it was a long duration event…and it did stack up to a foot plus if I’m remembering correctly. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, what are the odds that the mid atl and coastal SNE would own consecutive  la nina seasons...and this one actually coupled, and they still owned it.

Now next season will be one of those interior elevation el nino years.

To be honest Ray, I don’t think anybody can tell what will happen next year, after this years surprises.  There’s always something that throws a stick in the spokes it seems, that changes the expected outcomes many times.  

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, what are the odds that the mid atl and coastal SNE would own consecutive  la nina seasons...and this one actually coupled, and they still owned it.

Now next season will be one of those interior elevation el nino years.

How snowy has the mid-atl been this season?  Normal/ above normal?