Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I just gave a run-down above - you wanna move it over there?  or -

It's premature to start a thread in this particular mise en science/leading 'feel' ..but, I think that thread's title being much more conservative might help but -whatever

Done....I moved it over there.

Agreed on thread title...not very accurate at the moment....doesn't look like a miller B either (though things can always change)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I thought you were using N Foster coop?

If you aren't then you have received woefully less than them which makes me question you averaging the same that they do northeast of you and a bit higher up.

I said multiple times my 22 year average matches North Fosters New 30 year normal. Have no idea where you got 180 seeing as N Foster Jan is not out, mine 47 25 52. Last year Nfoster reported a 25 when I had 17, stationary band to my east. It happens like the reverse in March 2018 when they basically had none and I had 14

2019-05-01 47.8 0
2020-05-01 31.3 0
2021-05-01 61.5

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Done....I moved it over there.

Agreed on thread title...not very accurate at the moment....doesn't look like a miller B either (though things can always change)

Can't you like ... pm George, and white glove influence him to redraft something more representative of present signals/reality?  god -

It kind of ruins it if we want to be 'serious' and apply Met objectivity and substance, when it sounds like b-movie horror tropes

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@ORH_wxman From my records and Official  21 inches more at NFoster over 21 years

NFoster    Me

2021  61  51

2020 31   25

2019 47  40

2018 90  82

2017 61  60

2016 51.  42

2015 110  110

2014 70   68

2013 74   68

2012 28    26

2011 84    87

2010 66     72

2009 62    71

2008 51     53

2007 29    27

2006 57     58

2005 100     97

2004 41     43

2003 88    93

2002 34      31

2001   81     84

39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I said multiple times my 22 year average matches North Fosters New 30 year normal. Have no idea where you got 180 seeing as N Foster Jan is not out, mine 47 25 52. Last year Nfoster reported a 25 when I had 17, stationary band to my east. It happens like the reverse in March 2018 when they basically had none and I had 14

2019-05-01 47.8 0
2020-05-01 31.3 0
2021-05-01 61.5

I got 180.8 by arithmetic...used the 3 N Foster totals plus your 40.2 YTD total (since N Foster doesn't have data past December yet this year)....that is 180.8". 

43 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

It would be great if it had some sort of clue on this. Only problem is... if it does pull one out its arse we won't hear the end of it during every threat for the next year at least

lol, we still talk about JMA nailing February 05 (I think that was the storm, big totals NYC and Western NE)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Somewhat different at our latitude, at least through the first half of the month.  The 23-year average for snowpack here currently peaks at 21.6" on 3/2 and is still at 12.0" on the 31st.  It was up to 27" this morning but the present light rain may push it down a bit during the day.

Agree to the bolded part, but also the italicized part is basically giving you an extra week or two padding if accurate. But down here where Wolfie is, it's right around the turn of the month, maybe after the first week, that it starts becoming more likely that you aren't going to be able to maintain a pack for long.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even where I am, I frequently have snow pack in the first couple weeks of March. It's more common to have pack here in early March than it is for most of December. It definitely changes after the first couple weeks.

Right, I don't think that's inconsistent with what I'm saying - not for @WinterWolfin Southington, CT. If we are talking a difference of a week, I don't think I was trying to be that precise...he said "months left of winter" and I'm saying "nah son, it's called spring." It still snows in spring. But in most of CT, maintaining a pack in spring, even early spring, for an extended period of time (like for 2 weeks) is difficult and gets exponentially more difficult each week you go past March 1st. And while it might snow, you are still going to get a DD day or two that makes you remember that this snow-loving hobby is really just a way to get through winter with your sanity.

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Except for March 93.  I remember driving from R.I. to DC a few weeks later, and snow was still down there. 

Always exceptions to the rule, definitely.

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Exactly my thoughts...if you're left clinging to the MJO like a life raft in mid February, its probably time to focus on next season.

I don’t know if you’ve seen but there are people clinging to a possible SSWE the 1st week of March lol At that point, it’s time to pack it up and call it quits…..

21 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Agree to the bolded part, but also the italicized part is basically giving you an extra week or two padding if accurate. But down here where Wolfie is, it's right around the turn of the month, maybe after the first week, that it starts becoming more likely that you aren't going to be able to maintain a pack for long.

Right, I don't think that's inconsistent with what I'm saying - not for @WinterWolfin Southington, CT. If we are talking a difference of a week, I don't think I was trying to be that precise...he said "months left of winter" and I'm saying "nah son, it's called spring." It still snows in spring. But in most of CT, maintaining a pack in spring, even early spring, for an extended period of time (like for 2 weeks) is difficult and gets exponentially more difficult each week you go past March 1st. And while it might snow, you are still going to get a DD day or two that makes you remember that this snow-loving hobby is really just a way to get through winter with your sanity.

Always exceptions to the rule, definitely.

Like 2001 up here, when 19" on March 30-31 brought the pack to 48" - had 55.5" that month.

• Like 1

Just now, snowman19 said:

I don’t know if you’ve seen but there are people clinging to a possible SSWE the 1st week of March lol At that point, it’s time to pack it up and call it quits…..

I haven't seen that.....yea, I would think we would want it by mid February, as climo is so hostile Second half of March.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Theres one and a half months left of winter, SSW or not there’s no reason to be negative at this point. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

My ideas played out with respect to the tropospheric vortex earlier this season, but instead of linking up with the stratosphere later down the line, the strat vortex remained potent until the trop vortex finally succumbed and is now coupling.

Game over with respect to that....if we salvage a happy ending, it will be due to the Pacific.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Moonlit Sky said:

People living south of New England are often a concern for those living in New England and posting in this New England regional sub. Excellent insight.

Don’t remember asking your for your vapid opinion. I was talking to Ray but thanks anyway for your useless drivel 

• Weenie 3