Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

9 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Weird to be in what historically/climatologically is our biggest snowstorm week of the winter and not even have a legitimate threat on the longer range models 

Mmm... the legitimacy of it may be a bit subjective to the observer here, but VDII is real.  It's just not at the moment looking very promising - granted... But D5-7 still has ample time for better reveal.  

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

36 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Don’t remember asking your for your vapid opinion. I was talking to Ray but thanks anyway for your useless drivel 

Lol.  I'm not sure there is anyone on this forum who cares less about what goes on outside of Northeast Mass, let alone outside of NE, than Ray.

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Yep, once you get to 3/15, if you live south of New England, it’s game over

Even in SNE it becomes an uphill battle after mid month...very doable, but fading.

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lol.  I'm not sure there is anyone on this forum who cares less about what goes on outside of Northeast Mass, let alone outside of NE, than Ray.

Well, I do post snowfall amounts for the mid atl during the fall, so I keep an eye on it. I think I am in pretty good shape down there. Its up here where I will be too high.

Tomorrow looks somewhat 'napey'  ....first of the year. 

I don't really see 'DSD'.. The flow is SW/WSW ...  But, with the open sky over a narrow sfc ridge, and the sun now getting warmer... could be an intoxicating hour of faux mild-like feel out there.  

Thursday looks like intervals of clouds and too breezy ... 

• Like 2

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Tomorrow looks somewhat 'napey'  ....first of the year. 

I don't really see 'DSD'.. The flow is SW/WSW ...  But, with the open sky over a narrow sfc ridge, and the sun now getting warmer... could be an intoxicating hour of faux mild-like feel out there.  

Thursday looks like intervals of clouds and too breezy ... 

Will you lay out a few strips of aluminum foil on the roof outside the bedroom window and sit Indian style with your back to the sun.. allowing for an hour or two of warmth on nape… and maybe a slight T-shirt neck collar tan ?

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 2

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Yep, once you get to 3/15, if you live south of New England, it’s game over

I know you’re referring to SSWE, but even in regards to general weather, even for you that’s still 5 weeks away. That’s almost half a season of time.  Lots can happen in 5 weeks. Not saying it does this year…but 5 weeks is 5 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s been a shitty snow season so far for most outside of eastern areas, but we’ve had some good solid cold, that’s for sure. That wreaks havoc on the roads/pot holes. 

I am bringing my sleds home from Vermont this weekend. We've ridden 1 single day.  If it snows again great, but if not, I only have to make 1 other trip to break down my camp this winter.   

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, cleetussnow said:

I am bringing my sleds home from Vermont this weekend. We've ridden 1 single day.  If it snows again great, but if not, I only have to make 1 other trip to break down my camp this winter.   

Ahh man that sucks.

Been to N. Maine twice, will be heading up in two weeks. Have about 800 miles on the sled so far this season. They’re in fantastic shape up there, and have been since MLK Day.  

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Where in VT?

The Southern Greens have had a terrible snow season. 

Windsor country.  Camp is in Perkinsville.  The snow was so hard last weekend I could not keep my sled cool!  Too much rain and sleet in that last storm.  We will likely go ride down to dirt whatever is left Saturday.  Too bad I like the area!

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Ahh man that sucks.

Been to N. Maine twice, will be heading up in two weeks. Have about 800 miles on the sled so far this season. They’re in fantastic shape up there, and have been since MLK Day.  

I won't have time to get up that far this season.  Busy high school kid!  I have 50 miles.  Five ZEEROW

23 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Maybe, but I will say this... The roads have turned awful over the past few weeks. So many fissures and potholes. The worst I've seen in a while.

Hit a pothole while travelling 75 mph on my way to work yesterday and it actually hurt my back.  No idea how I didnt have 4 flat tires.  

• Sad 1

I love snowmobiling, we owned 2 growing up as a kid and went fairly regularly. But it might be the biggest waste of time and money hobby going in this part of the country.

My dad loved to snowmobile too, but he said the day he sold them was probably his best day as a snowmobile owner, given the amount of time and effort for such a short season. Not to mention the $$

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Windsor country.  Camp is in Perkinsville.  The snow was so hard last weekend I could not keep my sled cool!  Too much rain and sleet in that last storm.  We will likely go ride down to dirt whatever is left Saturday.  Too bad I like the area!

Yeah tough year for that area through the Berkshires and I don't see anything indicating that will change. 

9 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Trailer north an hour or even half an hour.  The cutoff was sharpIMG_2835.jpg.aff30bb835fc1fe2a37ca7472321d542.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I love snowmobiling, we owned 2 growing up as a kid and went fairly regularly. But it might be the biggest waste of time and money hobby going in this part of the country.

My dad loved to snowmobile too, but he said the day he sold them was probably his best day as a snowmobile owner, given the amount of time and effort for such a short season. Not to mention the $$

All depends where ya go. Been at it over 30 years, and it’s not a waste at all if you get your moneys worth each season.  I take 3 good trips each winter(once in a while I’ll do 4 trips), 4-5 days at a clip(includes the weekend/long weekends), and believe me I get my fill.  Where I go season is not short most years. And conditions are almost always fabulous.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Possible.  I will look around for some parking areas.  If its within an hour can manage.  Ideas welcome!  

@cleetussnowGo to the VAST map and click on grooming for an idea of how freshly groomed the trails are and the click on the parking icon to show you where parking areas are located.  Another good resource is the VT Hardcore Snowmobilers group on Facebook.