Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Terrapinwx said:

Power outages are going to be an issue along the bay. In southern Anne arundel we have 5”+ sticking to everything and winds gusting over 25kts. It sounds like a war is going on in the woods behind the house from the number of branches snapping off

I'm right off the western shore in Calvert and our power has been down for almost an hour now. Also just heard multiple large explosion sounds which I'm guessing must be large tulip trees cracking as we don't have any large transformers around us. It's startling how loud they are. 

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

My parents stopped by last night on their way to snowbird in Florida, and they stayed at a hotel in Springfield. Instead of waiting out the storm, they headed out at 7:30 am in hopes of being on the road before the worst of it hit. They're now stopped on 95 near Fredericksburg.

My Dad is an old pro at driving in all weather (and he's a weather geek, as well), but he made a really bad call on this. He said they're stopped because of jackknifed tractor trailers on the exits.

Ugh. I imagine they aren’t going anywhere too soon. That sucks 

Radar for the next hour keeps the western edge of the precip shield in its current position. Should continue to rip where it’s currently ripping through at least 11:30

The cutoff around here is epic. Flurries near turf valley and heavy snow just 5 miles east 

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

My parents stopped by last night on their way to snowbird in Florida, and they stayed at a hotel in Springfield. Instead of waiting out the storm, they headed out at 7:30 am in hopes of being on the road before the worst of it hit. They're now stopped on 95 near Fredericksburg.

My Dad is an old pro at driving in all weather (and he's a weather geek, as well), but he made a really bad call on this. He said they're stopped because of jackknifed tractor trailers on the exits.

It is really bad around Fredericksburg region right now, hope everything turns out well for them.

4 minutes ago, Terrapinwx said:

Power outages are going to be an issue along the bay. In southern Anne arundel we have 5”+ sticking to everything and winds gusting over 25kts. It sounds like a war is going on in the woods behind the house from the number of branches snapping off

My UPS just kicked in 3 times.. Not a good sign.

• Like 1