SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
1017 AM EST MON JAN 03 2022

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1012 AM     SNOW             MONTCLAIR               38.61N  77.34W
01/03/2022  M7.5 INCH        PRINCE WILLIAM     VA   BROADCAST MEDIA

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Edge should get some pushback here as the low approaches our latitude but the models did a sick job at modeling an exceptionally sick cutoff. I'm very impressed. These are the features that cause us big big headaches. Not this time. 

I didn't consider this. TBH I was ready to call this. Edge is literally 20 miles west of my backyard. 

Power outages are going to be an issue along the bay. In southern Anne arundel we have 5”+ sticking to everything and winds gusting over 25kts. It sounds like a war is going on in the woods behind the house from the number of branches snapping off

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think you're fine. 28/21 here, so if the dry air is really making it that far south you'd notice 

Just watching radar, but I do notice that the returns started pressing back north a little. Bob's post makes sense, as well, in that as the storm gains latitude it'll help beat back the cutoff.

Sucks for you guys up north, but you know you'll eventually get yours. 

Just now, mattie g said:

Just watching radar, but I do notice that the returns started pressing back north a little. Bob's post makes sense, as well, in that as the storm gains latitude it'll help beat back the cutoff.

Sucks for you guys up north, but you know you'll eventually get yours. 

Im not upset in the least. Glad you guys are getting some! Hope that back edge holds off a while longer for you! 

My parents stopped by last night on their way to snowbird in Florida, and they stayed at a hotel in Springfield. Instead of waiting out the storm, they headed out at 7:30 am in hopes of being on the road before the worst of it hit. They're now stopped on 95 near Fredericksburg.

My Dad is an old pro at driving in all weather (and he's a weather geek, as well), but he made a really bad call on this. He said they're stopped because of jackknifed tractor trailers on the exits.

• Sad 1