Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I’m dreaming of an Icy Christmas

Sey-Mour Snow

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I think it’s coming down just hard enough that it’s only building on bigger surfaces.  Fine with me. 

It’s also pretty warm just barely aloft. I made a post last night on how warm it was at 925-950mb. So that will also limit the efficiency of the accretion. It’s still really nasty though driving on side roads. But the lesser efficiency should help keep the accretion lower on the trees and power lines. 

Looks like Eek is over to snow too based on CC. 100% sleet here is actually helping the traction. Vehicles are turning white. We’ll probably mix with snow in the next 30 mins…it’s getting that look. My bamboo is ****ed, but hopefully it doesn’t pull down my hawk netting.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That washed out quickly. It’s a really nice Christmas scene out there with saggy, icy trees getting covered with snow.

01636221-9F80-4DD3-84C0-6C9B5C45E3F6.gif

My home cam looks like maybe some flakes mixing in but I can hear the sounds of sleet. There’s a lot of precipitation still out to the west so if it flips to snow it could be much nicer to return home to everything covered up as opposed to just ice