• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

AKQ will be cautious and wait for 0z runs.  LWX probably the same.  My guess.  

I don’t think we’ll ever see a WSW out of this one, even for RIC, imo. AKQ is a cautious office and you have to dismiss the 5”+ runs as outliers, especially given the reality that rain is preceding the storm and temps are cooperative enough but not frigid.
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

If it's not region-wide then I have mixed feelings about starting a thread. I've come a long way from my degenerate weenie days.

This storm is playing us like a fiddle. I cannot wait to see the disappointment.

I haven't had a good tracking opportunity in years and I'm sure this will disappoint but I'm allowing myself to get excited at the possibility.  

33 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@WxUSAF btw this is the scenario to test “can we get cold”. If we get a PV split, pna/epo ridge with the cold currently built up in Canada and don’t get some serious cold period from it…then it’s time to just give up. 

Yup, I’ve been having this same thought. The possible cold shots advertised next weekend and the week after *should* be good enough for widespread teens for lows and sub freezing highs even without snow cover. We’ll see…

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

First storm is interesting for the SE parts of the forum but watch the temps.  We saw this last year…red flag when the NAM in range is above freezing  for a lot of the event.  12Z Monday NAM v. GFS.

29416684-5DE2-4533-8584-7C3ED4D5E7C6.png

E5406A9F-C53A-4F65-A7C7-8EE7633636EB.png

Can’t really compare those panels as verbatim….Nam has basically zero precip vs the gfs pushing .75” of liquid.  I wouldn’t doubt the Nam being cold enough if it had the gfs precip at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Can’t really compare those panels as verbatim….Nam has basically zero precip vs the gfs pushing .75” of liquid.  I wouldn’t doubt the Nam being cold enough if it had the gfs precip at the same time. 

I don’t think so…3K NAM has precip at 12Z but is too warm both at 850 and the surface.  The point I am trying to make is it is cold enough further North but precip is light.  Where the heaviest precipitation is it is too warm on the NAM.

35192CA5-292F-4345-8FB7-3A816FBDB2CF.png

Just now, nj2va said:

Verbatim on the snow maps, 0.1” line gets to DC.  Good enough to see some flakes flying.  Another bump north certainly possible.  Let’s see what it shows for the end of week threat too.

I wonder if we have reached max bumpage.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

@WxUSAF btw this is the scenario to test “can we get cold”. If we get a PV split, pna/epo ridge with the cold currently built up in Canada and don’t get some serious cold period from it…then it’s time to just give up. 

Agreed...Seeing some legit, serious cold would be a huge relief! At least it would mean things aren't completely broken, lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I really hope the GFS pulls this one off not only because it gives us more snow but because it will be amazing to see the GFS win against every other model. 

I’m high pressure watching.  We don’t need 1040+ radiating in from west. Too strong and shoves   it out.  I’m hoping we are at 1025 come crunch time 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic