Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

35 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m definitely an outlier.   I am a night owl who had a day job I had to get up early for during my entire 50 year career.   I’d sleep in weekends and struggle through the week.   When I retired, I vowed to get 7-8 hours sleep per night.   Not having to get up early is a godsend.   When the kids were small, we got up with them like all parents but now that the nest is empty there’s no need.

My friends all want me to go to breakfast with them but I defer to a late lunch or dinner.  Some of these old farts go to bed before Kevin.   Occasionally I have meetings for my side gigs but I avoid scheduling anything before 11-12 and since work is all remote it’s low stress.  

Still dark but warming now-up to 50.

I'm the same way, schedule my appts for 1-5 and go to bed at 2am, sleep til 8-9, when I was younger I did the 8-4 thing and slept my 8 hours, now that I'm older I do what's natural to me.

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

So salty. A good troll doesn't let the veneer fall down like this.

Total ignorance of Jeff's preference, or more likely TT knows but only cares for his own opinions. :P    ZR makes for crummy riding, or none at all until the trees get cut out of the trails.  January 1998 pretty much ended sledding in central Maine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Total ignorance of Jeff's preference, or more likely TT knows but only cares for his own opinions. :P    ZR makes for crummy riding, or none at all until the trees get cut out of the trails.  January 1998 pretty much ended sledding in central Maine.

I went sledding in January of 1998 because Sugarloaf was closed due to the ice storm. The rental lady was so concerned for my safety,  she gave me her satellite phone.  A huge brick of a phone.  I went to Bigelow Lodge,  ducking under ice laden trees. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Definitely plausible. There’s pretty decent ensemble support for some potential wintry systems between 12/20-12/24

It seems to me ... for now, it is more of 'period of interest' across the span - and it may last into early Jan, too.

Uncertainty is at a surplus right now with discrete systems, while the orbital look is clearly a pattern change toward colder after D5 or 6.

I mentioned this awhile ago but mode changes don't lend to model performance.   Speedy gradient ripper flows don't, either.  Here?  We have both those occurring at the same time.  The 20th could end up the 23rd, back to 18th, out to the 24th... and then ending up on the 19th, before it really happens on the 22nd, ... before the end of the week in the models. Could even  procession through quick hit buck-shot pattern.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don’t think we’ll shake it much.  NNE should do pretty well though and with enough nao help and good timing SNE also at times.  

So all evened out maybe about normal to slightly above temps and same for snowfall for most of SNE and maybe some really good hits for NNE? Remember a year like that about ten years or so ago.

Hopefully the pattern change lasts at least 4-6 weeks before another thaw. I’m glad to see that the pattern is going to change and there will be North Atlantic blocking. However we need it to stay, whether it lasts 1-2 weeks or 4+ weeks in my opinion will tell us whether this will be a meh winter or an epic one.